Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"El Qaeda"?

Is that like the Spanish arm of the organisation?

Either way, I'm sure you're aware that it's not just militant Muslims who sport those beards.

Weird post.
El Questro!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

It seems crazy to me that North people would think that a poster with a Port badge would be a Port supporter.

Those who’ve been around here for a long time should probably know in neddy’s case. Meh, we move on......

wazza03

All Australian
Aug 31, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like that horrendous beard is gone
IMG_2311.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it a Commodore or souped up Hyaundi?

Jokes aside, I always wonder how much these guys get paid to promote brands per Instagram post.

From memory the guys were hanging it on each other in one of the podcast about it.

Luke’s obviously got a deal with Adidas, it’s not the first time he’s tagged them on Insta.

Not seeing LMac in the best 22 this year. Want to have a better year.

I think he'll be there easily. So much s**t piled on him in this thread post-season, when he's done nothing wrong - yeah, he had a crap 2018 but isn't it time to stop focusing on one early season indiscretion?

He's good enough and I'm backing him to prove the doubters wrong.

Nov 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rockets, Astros, Capitals
I think he'll be there easily. So much s**t piled on him in this thread post-season, when he's done nothing wrong - yeah, he had a crap 2018 but isn't it time to stop focusing on one early season indiscretion?

Plenty of people were looking for a new whipping boy in the absence of Gibson last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to change his attitude mate.

Just because a player is seen as less entrenched in the 22 - or god forbid potentially outside it - doesn't make them a "whipping boy". A whipping boy is when a player is unfairly treated while fulfilling an important or loveless role. I have no idea where he will be at this year but + Pittard, + Polec as well as Dumont having a cracking year on the wing, not to mention players like LDU that will be closer to an every week proposition IMO = Lmac less entrenched. It's as simple as that.

Have a look at the body changes in Simpkin in 2 pre-seasons Vs McDonald in 5 pre-seasons and tell me again that Mcdonald takes his training in the gym seriously.

*obviously genetics play a role, but Mcdonald has hardly developed his upper body in 5 years.
Like someone said earlier in this thread, he's happy just being a footballer. He should be a dominant midfielder by now but is content being a run of the mill back flanker.

Hopefully he has an epiphany and knuckles down and becomes elite. He has the tools, just need the noggin to kick in.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like someone said earlier in this thread, he's happy just being a footballer. He should be a dominant midfielder by now but is content being a run of the mill back flanker.

Hopefully he has an epiphany and knuckles down and becomes elite. He has the tools, just need the noggin to kick in.

I’d happily argue he has just as much physical talent as Jy, his ceiling is high if he gets it all together. But as for the reasons you mention above he isn’t quite there yet.

I’d happily argue he has just as much physical talent as Jy, his ceiling is high if he gets it all together. But as for the reasons you mention above he isn’t quite there yet.

As per earlier posts above, I'm backing Luke to turn it around and be a success this year. But it's pure fantasy to claim that he has as much talent as Jy.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As per earlier posts above, I'm backing Luke to turn it around and be a success this year. But it's pure fantasy to claim that he has as much talent as Jy.

Luke was one of the best juniors I’ve seen come through the under 18’s system. Jy has a few more tricks than Luke but tricks and the ability to sell a bit of candy don’t equal the sort of
Footy I.Q talent that I’m talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back