Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDonald can still f*** off. One okay game out of 50 doesn’t make you valuable. He’s one of the big reasons why I can’t stand going to the footy anymore. Barely made it to the MCG yesterday.

Jasper Pittard is a vastly superior player in every aspect at the moment which is a pretty sad state of affairs. Not sure where to from here for Luke- I’ll always remember that game against Adelaide in Hobart where he looked like the best wingman in the league, but for whatever reason he’s a shadow of that player now.

Has talent but seems to have gone straight from arrogant and lazy to second guessing himself and lacking trust in his disposal. It’s all mental with Luke, and the only way I can see him improving is to allow him to play with freedom in the 2s. Tell him to play with dare and enjoy his footy for a month, then reassess his spot in the senior 22.

Jasper Pittard is a vastly superior player in every aspect at the moment which is a pretty sad state of affairs. Not sure where to from here for Luke- I’ll always remember that game against Adelaide in Hobart where he looked like the best wingman in the league, but for whatever reason he’s a shadow of that player now.

Has talent but seems to have gone straight from arrogant and lazy to second guessing himself and lacking trust in his disposal. It’s all mental with Luke, and the only way I can see him improving is to allow him to play with freedom in the 2s. Tell him to play with dare and enjoy his footy for a month, then reassess his spot in the senior 22.
Problem is that he has some unfixable deficincies. Very left sided. Poor agility. Esp side to side - turned around a lot. Very poor aerial
spoiler- he misses the ball a lot esp if its on his right side. Poor endurance - gassed a lot. Poor decision maker. Lacks composure with the ball. As i write am thinking - why is he playing Hbf? With him and jmac its a huge weakness in an area that other teams focus on.

^That^ is all you needed to post.
I know it's fashionable to hate on Luke, however I feel he'd add value to the side if used in a different capacity to what he currently is.

Needs it simplified.

Should be our Jacobs replacement.

I know it's fashionable to hate on Luke, however I feel he'd add value to the side if used in a different capacity to what he currently is.

Needs it simplified.

Should be our Jacobs replacement.
heres a bloke that can hardly contain the 3rd/4th ranked forward and you think he is capable of holding one of the top 5 bulls of the comp? surely this is another Luke McDonald you speak of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heres a bloke that can hardly contain the 3rd/4th ranked forward and you think he is capable of holding one of the top 5 bulls of the comp? surely this is another Luke McDonald you speak of?

Defense rolls up an back and needs to cover for each other.

Assign him to tag and make the game simple.

Iam not going to go as far to say all of the critisism here is warrented but Please don't tell me you think he is comparable to Jacobs?
To be fair Jacobs wasn't comparable to Jacobs before Crocker made him tag.

Iam not going to go as far to say all of the critisism here is warrented but Please don't tell me you think he is comparable to Jacobs?

Why would I claim such a ridiculous thing, much less work myself up in to a lather about it?

I get that Luke deserves criticism's for certain things, but Jesus H Christ, the level of crap emanating from some quarters of this thread automatically makes me wonder if people are even watching the games.

ANY time he ****s up it get's magnified 10000% around here because certain folks have placed a huge personal investment in wiping the bloke. It's patently ****ing ridiculous.

jacobs never had a problem hitting a target, just took him a little while to find the ball, this bloke is about as accurate as a side show air rifle.

Luke hits targets too, you just selectively forget that and wait with baited breath for the next clanger.

Just take a ****en chil pill mate and have a more balanced outlook about it.

Why would I claim such a ridiculous thing, much less work myself up in to a lather about it?

I get that Luke deserves criticism's for certain things, but Jesus H Christ, the level of crap emanating from some quarters of this thread automatically makes me wonder if people are even watching the games.

ANY time he ****s up it get's magnified 10000% around here because certain folks have placed a huge personal investment in wiping the bloke. It's patently ****ing ridiculous.

It's not just him, it's across the board atm.

I get it, people are pissed off with our start, coach, etc but the hyperbole and exageration is ridiculous.

We're past that.

Are we though?

You may want it to be, but Luke is odds on to play more games than he misses this year.

Perhaps in a year that's already f***ed we look to see what other value we can get out of him.

I get this won't fit a hating on him narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back