Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Barely serviceable isn't a great result from a top 10 pick. If his name was Clarke and he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick would he be playing 100 games or still be at the club?
Absolutely spot on, IF he had a different surname, IF we didn't take him as a high draft pick, IF the team was picked on merit, he would be gone.

Absolutely spot on, IF he had a different surname, IF we didn't take him as a high draft pick, IF the team was picked on merit, he would be gone.

I think he does some things well, but he tends to undo it with some absolute howlers, not sure if his issues are above the shoulders or something else, but I think he has the aggression to perhaps become a tagger like Jacobs, if we are worried that Jacobs may never come back or are concerned with the amount of footy he misses, we could try and convert him into a Jacobs. The problem is, if Jacobs returns and the injuries cease, it would pretty much condemn him as a VFL or bench player at best.

Perhaps he just needs more time in the defensive group to hone his skills as a defender, it is just a bit disappointing given his potential.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I’ve gotta be honest here, that purple patch of games during 2017 before the Cyril chase-down hamstring he was on his way to becoming a gun.

Career highs in disposals, marks, tackles, goals, goal assists, etc we were all raving about this kid who had ‘arrived’.
He was ferocious, yet composed and some we’re lauding him as our very own Luke Hodge.

Fast forward 2 years and he’s now the NMBF boards number one whipping boy. What a choccies to boiled lollies fall..

Obviously the whispers about his dedication and life outside the club over the past couple of years may have assisted the slide, but going forward I honestly believe he’s one of those players who would flourish with a new coach, ironically in the Luke Hodge mould.

He needs a Clarko type mentor to keep him out of the comfort zone and make him accountable.

I still have hope he can fulfill his potential but only a new coach with a tough side will do that.

Anyways best of luck to him for tomorrow and going forward.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve gotta be honest here, that purple patch of games during 2017 before the Cyril chase-down hamstring he was on his way to becoming a gun.

Career highs in disposals, marks, tackles, goals, goal assists, etc we were all raving about this kid who had ‘arrived’.
He was ferocious, yet composed and some we’re lauding him as our very own Luke Hodge.

Fast forward 2 years and he’s now the NMBF boards number one whipping boy. What a choccies to boiled lollies fall..

Obviously the whispers about his dedication and life outside the club over the past couple of years may have assisted the slide, but going forward I honestly believe he’s one of those players who would flourish with a new coach, ironically in the Luke Hodge mould.

He needs a Clarko type mentor to keep him out of the comfort zone and make him accountable.

I still have hope he can fulfill his potential but only a new coach with a tough side will do that.

Anyways best of luck to him for tomorrow and going forward.
The hammy was in 2016. He looked great in 2017. Did bugger all last year, my guess is he wasn't applying himself off-field. Looks fitter and more dedicated this year but doesn't has lost confidence in his skills. Also lost some of his timing for aerial contests which was a big part of why he started his career so strongly. Lots of time for him to turn it around but it seems like along the way the potential for him to become a gun player has been lost.

I hope he has an outstanding game, nullifying whoever he’s assigned to and providing much needed drive off HB with accurate disposal and good decisions. It’s in his and our best interests that he regains any lost confidence and continues to improve on his deficiencies. Go get ‘em Two Dogs!

I hope he has an outstanding game, nullifying whoever he’s assigned to and providing much needed drive off HB with accurate disposal and good decisions. It’s in his and our best interests that he regains any lost confidence and continues to improve on his deficiencies. Go get ‘em Two Dogs!
That's all most supporters want.

Barely serviceable isn't a great result from a top 10 pick. If his name was Clarke and he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick would he be playing 100 games or still be at the club?
Yep - fair call. I'm as disappointed as anyone with where he is at but maybe that's it. I definitely expected more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
G
It would be over the top if it was only a few games, Luke has been serving up well below par performances for a long time now.
He needs to be dropped, so do a few others.
give him two flags and stand him behind the goal line.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
You drive me mad Luke but you are always going to be one of us (a passionate North person). I know you love the club just as much as me. Congrats on 100 games. The next 100 will be your making.

Good luck to the bloke but I feel he is content in life and rather comfortable and happy. Brads guidance has delivered him a house and thats as far as the potential has gone. His career to date would be disappointing and I hope he achieves the heights he was destined to when he first wore the stripes under a new mentor

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
One cold tassie day he played a blinder best I’ve seen from him

Statistically, his 34 & 2 goals v Brisbane last year has been his best game. The kid has also shown good physical resilience up to this point. Tonight is his 50th game on the trot.

Luke's 1st goal:

L-Mac kicks the "sealer" in consecutive weeks in 2017:

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
Congratulations to Luke for reaching 100 games for our NMFC.

I’d like to see an angry performance from him tonight, no sheepish grinning after a stuff up, how about breathing a little fire, mate.

Shut down whoever he’s playing on, find his own ball and stay within his capabilities, more than anything - make a quick decision - albeit a safe one if need be and keep the ball moving.

Imagine a 25ish possession match, a few really hard tackles, not a peep from his opponent, and walking off the ground with a win and his head bandaged from an split eyebrow from attacking contests all night.

That’s how you have your 100th mate, best of luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back