Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fairly confident in saying that if Luke continues on a similar vein to last year - but, avoids injury - and if the rest of the team perform in the same vein as Luke, we will be well and truly in the mix at the business end of the season - if that all makes sense...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We still hanging our hat on this? Seriously, that was years ago, cyril is retired and Lmac has done nothing since

Does this bloke even watch the matches?

Surely it's an opposition troll?

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I think Luke and JMac for that matter will struggle to be in the best 22 at the start of the year provided we are relatively fit. How Luke deals with his VFL stint and the effort he puts in at the lower league could be the making of him.

I think Luke and JMac for that matter will struggle to be in the best 22 at the start of the year provided we are relatively fit. How Luke deals with his VFL stint and the effort he puts in at the lower league could be the making of him.
I have Luke as our 7th defender in our best 22
Ahern will challenge though for sure

Jmac behind both

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I have Luke as our 7th defender in our best 22
Ahern will challenge though for sure

Jmac behind both
Yeah I have it as
Marley Taz Pittard
Atley Durdin/Walker maj
I can see Shaw utilising a player like Ahern or even Hall off half back given their foot skills.
EVW, Lmac, Jmac, Bmac as cover. Not considering Wood for a role down there until I see him play. I am not sure why everyone panicked about defensive stocks. We are reasonably well set with bigs and small.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Will we play with two small lock downs? Who would miss then Pittard?Atley? Good problems to have btw.

Atley, I don't know, but I see Jasper as a medium sized defender due to his excellent aerial ability for his size.

Agree, re- the head scratching. We're in a pretty good place with our defence, and I thought they were very good after the insane early 2019 season experiment was shelved.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What's Lmac done of note during his career gramps?

Knocking up 109 games and 5 finals appearances at the ripe old age of 24 is a pretty good start to any AFL career.

Boy.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
How many of those 109 games was Luke better then mediocre? I'd argue he's been mediocre 50+

Based on what? Not getting 100 supercoach points?

Tell me about the opponents that toweled him up.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Based on what? Not getting 100 supercoach points?

Tell me about the opponents that toweled him up.
Not opponents that towel him up it's our own midfield allowing so many pressure free inside 50s.

The only team that conceded more scoring shots per i50 this season than us was GC.
The year before when we had Jacobs for most of the season and a better game plan we were 8th for the same stat. Im not sure how to pull data for the 1st half of the year vs the second and I can't be assed looking at with vs without Luke but I think a lot of our issues with defense lie further up the ground.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Not opponents that towel him up it's our own midfield allowing so many pressure free inside 50s.

The only team that conceded more scoring shots per i50 this season than us was GC.
The year before when we had Jacobs for most of the season and a better game plan we were 8th for the same stat. Im not sure how to pull data for the 1st half of the year vs the second and I can't be assed looking at with vs without Luke but I think a lot of our issues with defense lie further up the ground.

Yes, well you obviously look in to the game further than the stats column.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You unable to tell me a game he actually was above mediocre? Don’t have any? I can only think of 1 off the top of my head and that was against Adelaide in Hobart.

Edit, 2 games, second time as against Adelaide on Tom Lynch
Pretty handy vs freo and vs Melbourne in 2017, Brisbane 2018 comes to mind too.
He struggles against the dogs because they switch really well but he's not alone there.

I think he's a pretty good all around player without being a world beater. They can't all be first picked in the team every week but he puts the effort in and is probably one of the more consistent performers we have

Only stinker I remember being filthy about was the eagles game in Hobart, 2018, and he came good second half of that game anyway

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You unable to tell me a game he actually was above mediocre? Don’t have any? I can only think of 1 off the top of my head and that was against Adelaide in Hobart.

Edit, 2 games, second time as against Adelaide on Tom Lynch

He's "above mediocre" in most games.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't get picked.

If you're asking me to equate this in your simple terms, then I would first have to undergo a lobotomy.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's "above mediocre" in most games.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't get picked.

If you're asking me to equate this in your simple terms, then I would first have to undergo a lobotomy.

Didn’t think you could actually substantiate your claims into facts, so you go with the insult as expected.

Your idea of mediocre is different for different players it seems. If only Majak got the same level of leniency, as he’s delivered a lot more at AFL level in terms of quality then Luke

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Didn’t think you could actually substantiate your claims into facts, so you go with the insult as expected.

Do you want me to tell you that the sky is also blue?

It's not an insult when it's applied to someone with s**t house football nous. My hunch is that you're one of the folks that thought he would win a brownlow in his second year, and have judged everything on that basis ever since.

1) He's the best HBF from his draft.
2) IMO, he's around the 5th-6th best junior from his draft, all the while tolerating the leakiest midfield in the comp.

If that's a source of disappointment for you, then I suggest you're the one with the problem.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you want me to tell you that the sky is also blue?

It's not an insult when it's applied to someone with s**t house football nous. My hunch is that you're one of the folks that thought he would win a brownlow in his second year, and have judged everything on that basis ever since.

1) He's the best HBF from his draft.
2) IMO, he's around the 5th-6th best junior from his draft, all the while tolerating the leakiest midfield in the comp.

If that's a source of disappointment for you, then I suggest you're the one with the problem.

Top 5-6 based on what?

Apologies that I’d like some substance to your horse s*** claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back