Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can find blokes in the VFl or SANFL who run both ways.

As it is, you're right and we do need to keep him because we have stuff all else.

But he's not delivered on his talent and he's not pulling his weight as a senior player in the rebuild.
Agree with this completely.

Not exactly Robinson Crusoe though LBH.

I just wish who wouldn't be so stubborn and fixed that kicking action, winds up for 5 minutes before getting the kick off, by then everyone knows where its going. would be interesting to see the stats on players who get their kicks smothered the most, he would be up there.

Well done to LMac. Holding our backline together with Benny Mac. Wouldn't mind seeing him have a go in the middle or up forward but we'd need to get some better small defenders for that to happen. Anyway hope the boys can get him a win.

Absolute dog s**t posting on here the eve of his 150th. Onya Luke, your 2020 was a small glimpse into what you can do when you get a clear run at it. Hopefully with some improvements around the game you will get back there.
Very true.

Also some interesting comments made about Lmac's early career...

Didn't Brad plonk him as a lockdown defender to help Wright have more freedom to play HBF?

It was only until Brad gave him time in the wing and HBF that he truly started to impact. Don't forget the sacrifices the kid has made keeping forwards quiet.

The thing about this bloke, however, is that he won't drop his head or lose love for the club due to it.
He’s one of us. He’s a shinboner.
It’s just the way I feel about him is the way I feel Jack.

Destined for glory and havnt got anywhere near it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Luke. Should’ve been captain this year.

Can someone confirm if they were his nieces he carried through the banner last week???

If so, what was the aim of doing so?
Sure, it was a “nice touch” but I seriously don’t get the obsession with carrying infants through a banner???

Can someone confirm if they were his nieces he carried through the banner last week???

Sure, it was a “nice touch” but I seriously don’t get the obsession with carrying infants through a banner???

A nice moment for a good North Melbourne family. Surely not an issue ...

They were his nieces and the ‘aim’ was that he wanted to because it means something to him. We don’t have to get it.

Wins a BnF across half back, then in the following years we proceed to play him on a wing, as a tagger, back to half back, back to deep back pocket, back to the wing then back to defence then back to the wing.

FFS play him permanently across half back in his most natural position. He isn’t a f’ing winger. Blind Freddy can see that.

Wins a BnF across half back, then in the following years we proceed to play him on a wing, as a tagger, back to half back, back to deep back pocket, back to the wing then back to defence then back to the wing.

FFS play him permanently across half back in his most natural position. He isn’t a f’ing winger. Blind Freddy can see that.
I think this too. His disposal can be a bit... overoptimistic but his best football has been lock down & intercepting across half back.

Flies under the radar compared to to others does LMac.

For mine he is a very average AFL footballer.

Not terrible, but not all that great either. He has massive flaws in his game which have not improved since his first year.

Absolutely did not deserve the contract extension to 2026, considering who we have delisted recently and where our list position is at.

Last edited:
Flies under the radar does LMac.

Sure i'll cop some heat but for mine he is a very ordinary AFL footballer.

Not terrible, but not all that good either. He has massive flaws in his game which have not improved.

Absolutely did not deserve the contract extension to 2026 considering who we have delisted recently and where our list position is at.
usually find your hot takes boring but i have to agree

I like him as a north person but as a player just meh for me. Good at reading the ball and getting the intercept but ball use so average, bordering on problematic at times.

usually find your hot takes boring but i have to agree

I like him as a north person but as a player just meh for me. Good at reading the ball and getting the intercept but ball use so average, bordering on problematic at times.

What "hot takes" are you referring to?

A liability almost with ball in hand but is courageous sure, no questioning his effort.

He just isn't very good.

Flies under the radar compared to to others does LMac.

For mine he is a very average AFL footballer.

Not terrible, but not all that great either. He has massive flaws in his game which have not improved since his first year.

Absolutely did not deserve the contract extension to 2026, considering who we have delisted recently and where our list position is at.

Unfortunately can't disagree with any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back