Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Luke McDonald-Future Father Son

Sounds Bloody Exciting:thumbsu::thumbsu:....the other part of the article I read with interest was "In the second match, James Aish, nephew of Norwood great Michael, was best player for the Croweaters".....I remember his uncle, was an absolute class act, think we tried to get him across from Norwood back in the day.....Just one of those blokes that never came to Melbourne. if he's anywhere near his uncle's class, we should get them both :eek:
NB:
-unsure whether James Aish barracked for North as a kid
-BBQ skills TBC
-may or may not be a good bloke:thumbsu:
-Could be a huge risk, get rid of!

my brother played with him in the U/12 schoolboys footy for Victoria.

he is 187cm and 77kg and from what i've heard he can play midfield and up forward, he is also a left footer.

And a brilliant one at that, I watched him on the weekend in the Metro/WA game, and its fair to say you will get one of the steals of the draft in 2 years time.

Pavlich is a good comparison, he's a game breaker, I said on the D&T board, he reminds me of a 6"3 version of Luke Hodge, probably the left foot doing it to me.

Is he just playing school footy this year (and U16's)?

Next year can we expect him to play TAC Cup and the U18 Champs?

South Australia 13.11 (89) defeated Vic Metro 9.5 (59)

GOALS
South Australia: Harvey 3, Wilkie 3, Reynolds 3, Dunstan 2, Combe, Northeast
Vic Metro: Billings 2, Boyd 2, Christensen, Howes, McDonald, Lennon, Edwards

BEST
South Australia: Dunstan, Combe, Simister, Wilkie, Scharenburg, Wilson, Spina, Evans
Vic Metro: Soccio, Franetic, McDonald, Greiser, Kelly, Boyd

Luke got 3rd best on for Metro again today, as they went down to SA by 3 goals. Will probably just miss out on the carnival MVP.

Will star at the champs next year as an underager.

SA beat Vic Metro....yeehar!!!:thumbsu:

Luke got 3rd best on for Metro again today, as they went down to SA by 3 goals. Will probably just miss out on the carnival MVP.

Will star at the champs next year as an underager.
5 goals.:D

If he's as good as we hope he is, he'll cost us our 1st rounder.

Yes, the days of "stealing" F/S talent are gone. I think the system requires other clubs to offer something for the player in question, with his father's club being required to use their next pick after the highest offer from another club. Therefore, if any club would be willing to commit their first rounder for young Luke, we'll most likely have to use our first rounder on him, unless the offers only come from clubs with picks after ours (ie top clubs of that year).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the days of "stealing" F/S talent are gone. I think the system requires other clubs to offer something for the player in question, with his father's club being required to use their next pick after the highest offer from another club. Therefore, if any club would be willing to commit their first rounder for young Luke, we'll most likely have to use our first rounder on him, unless the offers only come from clubs with picks after ours (ie top clubs of that year).

s**t you´d be spewing if you finished bottom four and some smartass decided to call your bluff.

Is it wrong to already be excited by this kid?
I am and I have yet to see him play.

That's gotta be over optimistic.

Wrong Luke McDonald guys.

Sorry about that.

Wouldn't be the first time. A guy I went to school with was drafted by west coast on the basis of his namesake. He was no Mathew Richardson. Oh, wait a minute, yeah he was.... ;)

He's playing Vic Country today in Metro's last game for the Championships. Would be great if he pulled out a BOG performance and won the medal for the carnival.

Kicked a goal and named in the best as Metro beat Country by 12 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back