Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Status
Not open for further replies.
New footballer.
Whatever Rhyce has done has been nothing short of a miracle.
Scott ruined him.

Fantastic season. BLEEDS Blue and White. Needs to be elevated to the leadership team.

Rapt when he gave away that 50 = PASSION

2021. Big pre-season. Get him the leadership team. Get him around the middle 2021 with LDU, Jy, Cunners, Jed, Tarryn, Kyron, Phillips, Williams.

Yeah, loved it. The decision was rubbish and Luke let the umpire know. It's the most pleased I've been with giving away a 50 since the day Mick Martyn hammered Paul Salmon well after he marked 15m out. The Big Fish was very shy for the rest of that game.

Fantastic season. BLEEDS Blue and White. Needs to be elevated to the leadership team.
Who would have thought! Certainly not me. He has proved myself and a lot of others wrong. Kudos to him. He has had a fantastic year.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Love Lukey, love his passion, love his new found hunger, love him in the middle, love him in the back half, but not sure one good season elevates him to the leadership team, I am not in favour of this handing the keys to the young guys just because they are young.

Like pittard 😏

Luke is hitting passes that Whitfield would be proud of.
Confidence is all you need.
I really hope he wins the bnf - changing of the guard.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Is he getting any mention in any AA discussions?

Just a mention?

His only limitations in opponents are blistering speed and true KPP's, otherwise I am confident he could shut down and beat any other player in the comp.

Blistering speed is also significantly impacted by play up the field.

If Luke McDonald is our best player, no wonder we’re sh*t.

He's not our best player and I'm pretty sure no-one is saying he is.

Of our top few players, many have been out for most of this season and the ruckman and full back are getting tired.

LMac playing at this level is a piece of the 2021+ puzzle that is now solved. This is good news.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
He's not our best player and I'm pretty sure no-one is saying he is.

Of our top few players, many have been out for most of this season and the ruckman and full back are getting tired.

LMac playing at this level is a piece of the 2021+ puzzle that is now solved. This is good news.
I’ve seen plenty of North supporters online suggest that he will win our B&F this year.

I’ve seen plenty of North supporters online suggest that he will win our B&F this year.

Umm, OK, which part of that implies they are stating he is our best player?

Think it through. Cunnington and Brown can't win it for the obvious reasons. Goldy was bolting but the overload appears to have caught up with him. Taz will be up there but his season hasn't been quite as good as the previous couple (still, not far off). Jy was flying until the ankle injury.

Luke will almost certainly finish top 3 in the B&F and part of that is attrition. Like every club, every year.

Hitting straw man territory here.

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Umm, OK, which part of that implies they are stating he is our best player?

Think it through. Cunnington and Brown can't win it for the obvious reasons. Goldy was bolting but the overload appears to have caught up with him. Taz will be up there but his season hasn't been quite as good as the previous couple (still, not far off). Jy was flying until the ankle injury.

Luke will almost certainly finish top 3 in the B&F and part of that is attrition. Like every club, every year.

Hitting straw man territory here.
I’ve seen nothing but dick riding for him this year. Yeah he’s improved, but let’s not forget that he’s 25 and was pick 8 in the 2013 draft. He should be ******* good by now, considering we picked him over Patrick Cripps.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve seen nothing but dick riding for him this year. Yeah he’s improved, but let’s not forget that he’s 25 and was pick 8 in the 2013 draft. He should be ******* good by now, considering we picked him over Patrick Cripps.

That's such a shitty attitude. You might as well just outright say "Yeah he's improved but he's not a top 5 midfielder and he should be so * him and us."

Christ, that's what it really is? You're still bitching about that after all these years? Build a bridge, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back