Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting you bring up his kicking action. I think it was the last qrt where he had a free kick on the HBF pressed up against the boundary. His kick was smothered and the camera went to Brad Scott who angrily mouthed something along the lines of "he ******* does that all the time".

Hopefully we have the coaches in place to develop that part of Luke's game

I noticed this but wondered if it was actually directed at Thompson, who kicked in to McDonald.

Everyone was set up for a kick to the other flank.

I was sitting behind those goals and JZ gave Thompson a bake after that play.

Dunno, but a possibility.

WA roo but a Gold Coast supporter **** dude you don’t even know what you want in your life get off our board
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ got another one
Now read this

Check how far back this account goes
I was here doing what I could during the dark days a decade ago
That club is gone
It is as if Scott came to the club to destroy everything it ever stood for and ment to those of us that had supported it since we were kids

Interesting you bring up his kicking action. I think it was the last qrt where he had a free kick on the HBF pressed up against the boundary. His kick was smothered and the camera went to Brad Scott who angrily mouthed something along the lines of "he ******* does that all the time".

Hopefully we have the coaches in place to develop that part of Luke's game

Must hang out with Cunnington, who is deadly allergic to getting more than 15cm off the mark.

I want better for the club
Not the joke you have to support
More focused on gender quotas and sucking up to local pollies than winning games

Nothing like bitter repressed old codgers whining for the "golden days" when you could punch people in the face...

You're a dying breed WA ROO, and it is a good thing.

19 disposals, 8 marks, 4 intercepts, 4 inside 50's, 4 rebounds and 6 score involvements is not exactly a poor game.

He was 4th for metres gained (460).

His disposal and decision making need some work at the moment.

Not the club I supported for 40 years

Just the joke it is now

Yeah, don't play the long-term supporter card to somehow justify your negative crap. You might well be surprised how many of us here have seen 2, 3 or 4 premierships live.

Indeed, you should have better perspective if you've seen so many up and down cycles, as you imply.

It suggests that the 40 years bit is just when you started paying a passing interest in Victorian football, and now you have developed a sense of entitlement that justifies you getting all pissy that it isn't working out. We are all suffering disappointment at events of recent years, but the majority are still supporters. It's s**t that you've turned 100% back-stabber against the club you "support".

Do us all a favour and make a full commitment to the GC. Win-win, because you can go to their board to bitch and moan for the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do us all a favour and make a full commitment to the GC. Win-win, because you can go to their board to bitch and moan for the next few years.
This reaction is why I put GC there

Same here

Indeed, you should have better perspective if you've seen so many up and down cycles, as you imply.
The perspective is that the supporters seem to be fine with being the joke of the AFL
Not wanting to change it

You're a dying breed WA ROO,
Like the club I supported
Nah the club I supported is long dead,destroyed from within

This reaction is why I put GC there

Same here

The perspective is that the supporters seem to be fine with being the joke of the AFL
Not wanting to change it

Like the club I supported
Nah the club I supported is long dead,destroyed from within
In all honesty, what's this all about? This all smacks of deep-seated hurt, that can't be resolved on such a shallow ground as a Big Footy board...

Yeah, don't play the long-term supporter card to somehow justify your negative crap. You might well be surprised how many of us here have seen 2, 3 or 4 premierships live.

It suggests that the 40 years bit is just when you started paying a passing interest in Victorian football, and now you have developed a sense of entitlement that justifies you getting all pissy that it isn't working out. We are all suffering disappointment at events of recent years, but the majority are still supporters. It's s**t that you've turned 100% back-stabber against the club you "support".

Epic smackdown.....

Back on topic, appeared that Luke was making a concerted effort to dig himself out of a slump in the 2nd half and willed himself through contests.

Whether he'd been given a rocket at half-time who knows but there was a tangible lift.

He had a couple of great 80 meter plays where he ran his full measure with excellent delivery. The kick to Ziebell sticks out most.

He’s definitely a good ‘zone clearer’ type. When he times his run through the contest they can’t stop him.

Not the club I supported for 40 years

Just the joke it is now

McDonald runs out contests well. He is often legged/tripped with no umpiring support and even had a HTB called against him because he was grabbed by the calf!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back