Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad has dropped LDU like a hot potato all season. I think Brad sees something in McDonald that we do not. Don't get me wrong, Luke has a crack, his decision making and execution is just terrible though.
Yeah he sees him as the son of someone with influence in the club

i dont think he has had even one very good game.
He had a good game against a s**t Brisbane side and that's about it.

Rubbish. He’s played some good games against top opposition. Obviously the Brisbane game he showed what he’s capable of.

He played some good consistent footy in the first half of the year.

I think he’s struggling a bit with fitness, especially since Ahern, LDU, Walker came into the side taking up a bulk of the interchange rotations.

I think he’s struggling a bit with fitness, especially since Ahern, LDU, Walker came into the side taking up a bulk of the interchange rotations.
this is a pretty astute observation.

I was pretty critical of him last weekend, he looked like he didn't want to be out there. Hes probably just wrecked.

I really want to see him get back to his best footy, last year I was very impressed with his quality, and when we get to see that again he will get his kudos.

He's admittedly taking time to learn how to play full time backman, but is that really any different to playing a kid back there? Would probably get similar output.
I dunno man, I just wanna see the tackle busting 60m goal kicking future captain again to be honest.

Rubbish. He’s played some good games against top opposition. Obviously the Brisbane game he showed what he’s capable of.

His year has been sporadic at best. Has played a few good games as a lock down defender, but mostly his year has been poor to average at best imo.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon he was expecting to be part of the mid rotation given all his preseason was training with the midfield group and him enjoying career best form last year in the role.

Nah, you must be watching a different player, he is regularly in our worst 5 players each week.

There’s critiquing and then there’s being disrespectful. Pretty sure someone posted that he has a stupid face and that’s because he’s stupid a couple of pages back.

To be honest Taz, I don’t have time to read your whole post, once I get a chance I respond properly

Yeah, there are some over the top comments for sure.

I think I commented somewhere (don't remember which thread) that almost ever time a camera is on him he has a goofy look on his face or he is acting out in some way and I just questioned if he has the maturity for footy. I don't remember the last larrikin that wasn't a chronic underachiever so that was a question posed out of curiosity rather than deliberately trying to be disrespectful, however, different people can take comments, questions or opinions quite differently.

If you plan to read it at some point, perhaps don't reply until you finish reading it, not being disrespectful. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LUKE McDonald is closing in on a new three-year deal with North Melbourne.

The Kangaroos defender was due to fall out of contract with the club at the end of this season, but AFL.com.au understands he will re-sign until the end of 2021.

McDonald has played every game this season and averaged 19 disposals as he continues to spend time on the wing.

He has been a staple of North's line-up since joining the club as a father-son pick at the 2013 NAB AFL Draft, and is due to play his 95th game in Sunday's clash with Adelaide.

Serious talks on McDonald's contract extension didn't begin until later this year, with both the club and player believed to be happy to wait for more exposed form before settling on his value.

There was little doubt the 23-year-old would remain a Roo given his family history at Arden Street, where his father Donald played 155 games between 1982-92 and been a long-term member of its commercial department.

"It was always going to be something towards the back end of the year that we could focus on," McDonald said recently.

"I've gone for North my entire life, so I can't see anything changing there."

He has shaped as one of the club's most important re-signings, with Jed Anderson remaining unsigned despite a career-best year.

The futures of veteran pair Jarrad Waite and Scott Thompson are unclear with the duo also out of contract as the end of the season edges closer, while Ben Jacobs, who continues to struggle with concussion symptoms, is also unsigned heading into the off-season.

Last edited:
3 years for this ******* hack. What. A. Joke. It’s moments like these that really leave you scratching your head. WHAT does the coach see in him? Seriously. Wow farcical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back