Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Anyone with a number in the 30's should stick with that number.
Jeff Farmer went s**t when he changed from #33 to #8. Changed back to #33 and played well again.
Matthew Warnock, top 5 in the B&F in #37 to being a fumbling spud in #1.
Aussie Wonaeamirri gun goalsneak in #39, plagued by injury and personal problems in #33.
Only exception I can think of is Stef Martin going from #33 to #34 (which may have been a forced change).
I know that Tappy is going to sit on 35 for his career...

oh, for those who suggested that we make the cult figure based on the record of past cult figures, well....I was tempted to make it Morton.....

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
oh, for those who suggested that we make the cult figure based on the record of past cult figures, well....I was tempted to make it Morton.....

For some reason when I think of Morton i think of the guy saying "frank and beans" in something about Mary...

Cale "Frank and Beans" Morton has a ring to it no?

2 Dogs

All Australian
Aug 15, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hatred for Morton is unwarranted. Except it will grow more this year because the simple minded MFC supporters have lost their scapegoat in Juice. Blind to the good things he does and screams for his head when he stuffs up. You can apply the same principle to any player and they get off without mention, yet players like Morton and Juice cop it. It's a damn shame.

^Agreed, but there is no where near enough mention of GAWN in the above post 2dogs

I'll 2nd or 3rd the thread title change, maybe a vote?

Also most of you may not be familiar with the great man's acting career with highlights such as:
GAWN of the dead
From dusk till GAWN
GAWN with the wind

And my personal favourite, the height relevant:

Ice Age 3: GAWN of the Dinosaurs

Hatred for Morton is unwarranted. Except it will grow more this year because the simple minded MFC supporters have lost their scapegoat in Juice. Blind to the good things he does and screams for his head when he stuffs up. You can apply the same principle to any player and they get off without mention, yet players like Morton and Juice cop it. It's a damn shame.
It is, but every team has its scapegoat when they're not winning. We have Morton and had Juice. Essendon have Stanton. Richmond have various ones depending on their season. North have the kids not being up to standard. You can go on.

Less discussion about irrelevant things & more GAWN!

These ideas should be put into picture form & added to the paint thread.

Calling Donald Mc.........

Here's a few more:

Children of the GAWN
The GAWN Identity, GAWN Supremacy, GAWN Ultimatum
GAWN the Sheep

New Fav - Natural GAWN Killers

Mar 13, 2007
Dorne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Cards Suns City Vics
16471580457097999094.gif___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

This is what Maximus looks like at his night job.

GAWN.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
max gawn-star

Back