Player Watch #11 Max Gawn - 2018 AFLCA POTY and AA Ruckman!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2007
unlisted
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I saw a stat on facebook last night. Hit outs to advantage Melbourne are ranked no.1 326 (Gawn 303) every other club with all players combined are still less than Gawn's 303.

Sando22

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw a stat on facebook last night. Hit outs to advantage Melbourne are ranked no.1 326 (Gawn 303) every other club with all players combined are still less than Gawn's 303.
Key reason why Grundy is nowhere near as good a 'ruckman' as Gawn.
As good a footballer perhaps, but Gawn hands down the most dominant ruck in the game at what you want your ruckman to be doing

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Key reason why Grundy is nowhere near as good a 'ruckman' as Gawn.
As good a footballer perhaps, but Gawn hands down the most dominant ruck in the game at what you want your ruckman to be doing
I think it’s underappreciated how much losing Gawn affected our season last year

CTHORANGE

Club Legend
May 7, 2012
Over There
AFL Club
Melbourne
Monstered West Coast today. BOG.
His tap work to advantage has been off the charts several times this year, and it's not just "to advantage", they are taps to players on the move. I can't remember in recent years any ruckman doing that so frequently and consistently. Now if the players who are benefiting from these taps would stop bombing it to 40 metres out from goal half the time it would look even better!

KickLongTackleHard

Club Legend
May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
His tap work to advantage has been off the charts several times this year, and it's not just "to advantage", they are taps to players on the move. I can't remember in recent years any ruckman doing that so frequently and consistently. Now if the players who are benefiting from these taps would stop bombing it to 40 metres out from goal half the time it would look even better!
Loved the Clark Keating style spikes into space, worked to great advantage a couple of times. Nearly hit a wingman on the tit from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
Well deserved after putting in a hell of a preseason to get himself as fit as he's ever been. Onya Maxy! :thumbsu:

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Funny on Sunday, I thought Lobb would test him cheating forward the whole game (Lobb was offering nothing defensively, was clearly instructed to try and run off Gawn as much as possible). Lobb started well too then Gawn just absolutely took him to the cleaners...

Top Bottom