Player Watch #11 Max Gawn - 2018 AFLCA POTY and AA Ruckman!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scythe94

Ballistic and Dynamic
Aug 12, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Arsenal
Any danger the AFL puts something on social media about this? I’ve been looking forward to the inevitable whinging from the filth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
When we went to the 2009 draft with picks 1,2,11 & 18 who would have thought we would get our superstar player at pick 34?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The only pick Prendergast and Harrington have to hang their hat on. What a complete shambles for the club other than Gawn that draft turned out to be.

ponsdale

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
So pleased that Max got the recognition due for his year with the starting ruck position.

Also pleased I get to remind my Pie-supporting work colleagues that they have a second rate ruckman.

Deemanding

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Subi Lions, Trailblazers, AS Roma
The only pick Prendergast and Harrington have to hang their hat on. What a complete shambles for the club other than Gawn that draft turned out to be.
To be fair to them, it's a hardly their fault that our number 1 pick packed up and left (given he's been a pretty good player at GWS when fit), and that our club doctors ****** up the number 2 pick's foot.

But yeah aint nice reading...

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
To be fair to them, it's a hardly their fault that our number 1 pick packed up and left (given he's been a pretty good player at GWS when fit), and that our club doctors ****** up the number 2 pick's foot.

I watched the under 18 carnival closely that year, and Martin was the best player by a mile to my eyes, i honestly didn't have a clue how Scully and Trengove were ranked of him. (probably only because of character concerns at the time, which has turned out to be nothing at the end of the day)

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Just imagine what damage Jason Taylor could have done with those quality of picks :eek:

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Yes it is, Martin was clearly the better footballer than both but we chose the safe option.

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Gysberts and Tapscott picks were even worse, so much quality in that draft.

Top Bottom