Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

How the **** does Cripps keep polling so many votes in such a s**t team?

Taking on the opposition single-handed wins big sympathy votes.

Would take injury for him to miss the AA team from here. A monty for the first ruck spot if he wins the AFLCA award, although I’m not sure if that becomes secret voting before R23

Would take injury for him to miss the AA team from here.

Yes, this will do quite nicely if something happens in the next few weeks. You'll be a pitchfork pin cushion, faw shaw.

Pretty ridiculous. He can do that but ANB, Smith and Garlett couldn't grab their own toes tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw a stat on facebook last night. Hit outs to advantage Melbourne are ranked no.1 326 (Gawn 303) every other club with all players combined are still less than Gawn's 303.

I saw a stat on facebook last night. Hit outs to advantage Melbourne are ranked no.1 326 (Gawn 303) every other club with all players combined are still less than Gawn's 303.
Key reason why Grundy is nowhere near as good a 'ruckman' as Gawn.
As good a footballer perhaps, but Gawn hands down the most dominant ruck in the game at what you want your ruckman to be doing

Key reason why Grundy is nowhere near as good a 'ruckman' as Gawn.
As good a footballer perhaps, but Gawn hands down the most dominant ruck in the game at what you want your ruckman to be doing
I think it’s underappreciated how much losing Gawn affected our season last year

Monstered West Coast today. BOG.

His tap work to advantage has been off the charts several times this year, and it's not just "to advantage", they are taps to players on the move. I can't remember in recent years any ruckman doing that so frequently and consistently. Now if the players who are benefiting from these taps would stop bombing it to 40 metres out from goal half the time it would look even better!

His tap work to advantage has been off the charts several times this year, and it's not just "to advantage", they are taps to players on the move. I can't remember in recent years any ruckman doing that so frequently and consistently. Now if the players who are benefiting from these taps would stop bombing it to 40 metres out from goal half the time it would look even better!
Loved the Clark Keating style spikes into space, worked to great advantage a couple of times. Nearly hit a wingman on the tit from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back