Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what people wear at the moment?
I'll take your word for it. I rememeber a couple of years ago the early-mid 90s came back into fashion and I quite enjoyed that flashback. Assumed it passed and also seems odd to have footy guys and having them wear wildly baggy s**t.

I'll take your word for it. I rememeber a couple of years ago the early-mid 90s came back into fashion and I quite enjoyed that flashback. Assumed it passed and also seems odd to have footy guys and having them wear wildly baggy s**t.
Yeah I loved the throwback Adidas era. About five years gone now. People in their 30s wear longline/baggy tees now. Teens even more so. This isn't being marketed at your 40-something lawyer to wear on a Sunday taking his kid to the under 13s.

Yeah I loved the throwback Adidas era. About five years gone now. People in their 30s wear longline/baggy tees now. Teens even more so. This isn't being marketed at your 40-something lawyer to wear on a Sunday taking his kid to the under 13s.
Still looks like kids wearing their parent's tshirts to me. Also, get off my lawn.

Looks like when a chick stays over and wants a comfy shirt the next morning
Except that is weirdly very hot and no god fearing man is getting boner over a photo featuring Jaxon jamison.

I remember Maxy's debut well. Cold Friday night in 2011 when the Bombers' name still held some sway. Shared his debut with Howe. We knocked them off fairly comfortably in the second half.

Fun fact: only two players who played in his first game played in his 199th. Jake Melksham and Michael Hibberd.

Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 5.19.04 pm.png

How many of these blokes, at full flight, get a gig in our team this week? No double dipping, so you couldn't include multiple guys who would all get the one spot?

Jetta May Lever
T.Rivers Frawley Howe
Langdon Jones Hunter
Green JVR ANB
Pickett Martin Jurrah
Gawn Oliver Petracca
Viney Brayshaw McVee Salem

J. Rivers and Watts would also both get games ahead of multiple players. We really did piss some serious talent up the wall back then. So many decent key pieces, so few midfielders of any quality.

Jones > Sparrow
Frawley > Tomlinson
Jetta > Bowey
Howe > Smith
Green > Laurie
Jurrah > Melksham
Martin > Chandler

View attachment 1778563

How many of these blokes, at full flight, get a gig in our team this week? No double dipping, so you couldn't include multiple guys who would all get the one spot?

Jetta May Lever
T.Rivers Frawley Howe
Langdon Jones Hunter
Green JVR ANB
Pickett Martin Jurrah
Gawn Oliver Petracca

J. Rivers and Watts would also both get games ahead of multiple players. We really did piss some serious talent up the wall back then. So many decent key pieces, so few midfielders of any quality.

Jones > Sparrow
Frawley > Tomlinson
Jetta > Bowey
Howe > Smith
Green > Laurie
Jurrah > Melksham
Martin > Chandler

Man Jurrah was an insane talent. Such a 'what if' career looking back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

View attachment 1778563

Jetta May Lever
T.Rivers Frawley Howe
Langdon Jones Hunter
Green JVR ANB
Pickett Martin Jurrah
Gawn Oliver Petracca

Jones > Sparrow
Frawley > Tomlinson
Jetta > Bowey
Howe > Smith
Green > Laurie
Jurrah > Melksham
Martin > Chandler
I'd take your side but trade Martin out for Watts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved that he had to kick after the siren, couldn't veer off his line. Knew he'd dob it after the bell.
I love those side on angles as well for those kicks. Anticipation is better when you look to see if the goal umpires staying still and what the crowd/players are doing
Reverse angle takes the fun out of it

I love those side on angles as well for those kicks. Anticipation is better when you look to see if the goal umpires staying still and what the crowd/players are doing
:whitecheck:

Best example of this was Tarrant after the siren against Adelaide in 2003 or something. All came down to that kick and you didn't know what happened until the goal umpire signalled.

:whitecheck:

Best example of this was Tarrant after the siren against Adelaide in 2003 or something. All came down to that kick and you didn't know what happened until the goal umpire signalled.
Loved the old goal umpires with the white coats and wide brimmed hats. They knew how to do theatre. l loved it when they'd be watching the ball and get out of position then would slowly march back to the goal line before signalling.

Yeah, could see from the ump not moving at all he'd nailed it

Me too.

It’s much the same when you’re there watching - the angle is deceptive so you watch the umpire or som fruitcakes in the cheer squad. Reverse angle is for the impatient

Remove this Banner Ad

Back