Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remember when he got piseed and chucked in Scully?

That campaigner then left and did * all in his career

Big Max became a 5 time AA superstar of the game

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

They'll be playing that goal from 55 on the run when he's put in the HOF.
Hell, we pull this off and they’ll play it again when he gets Legend.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

That campaigner then left and did fu** all in his career

I've been thinking about this.

Scully's professionalism largely alienated him from his team mates. Seemed like an outsider and a bit of a snake that moved to 3 different clubs and faded into obscurity.

Whilst Max is going from strength to strength, learnt the professionalism along the way, but never lost his authenticity and his players clearly play for him - and love him as a bloke.

Gawn's character is worth 10 of Scully's professionalism.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Perfect mix of old school leader and new. Hardly ever looks fazed. Loved his interview after the game with Garry too. Shows he's all about the team. Mentioned literally every other player and is very respectful of the opponent, our past players and supporters. He's a unique cat but is proving a masterstroke making him captain. I think Viney was just a bit too full on maybe with his approach. Either way, he could and bloody well should be our next premiership captain.

Best bit about Gawn is I reckon when Guthrie had a crack at him in 2018 he would have really taken it personally and looked to get some back on Geelong. Get the feeling Max has a very long memory.
Was interesting that he kept bringing up “the rivalry”. I think it’s more important to the players than the fans.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Perfect mix of old school leader and new. Hardly ever looks fazed. Loved his interview after the game with Garry too. Shows he's all about the team. Mentioned literally every other player and is very respectful of the opponent, our past players and supporters. He's a unique cat but is proving a masterstroke making him captain. I think Viney was just a bit too full on maybe with his approach. Either way, he could and bloody well should be our next premiership captain.

Yea I enjoyed that he said his favorite part of the night was seeing the emergency players come onto the field to celebrate with them.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Playing like a man possessed.

His tackling and attack on the contest this finals series has been unreal (7 tackles against Bris and 6 against Cats). Can see the whole team lifting as the big man gets down low and buries an opposing mid in a tackle.

Run down on Rohan perfect example of this (even after kicking 4 goals in the quarter, still doing the dirty work).

Stef Martin gave away a bunch of free kicks and he looked every bit the 35 year old guy coming off an injury. Gawn should be able to work him and English over.

If he does overcome those 2 in a Granny win, it will be one of the great captains finals series

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

He probably is due to spew on someone else now, in the interests of maintaining performance

Jimi

Draftee
Melbourne Demons - Dominic Barry 2013 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2013 Player Sponsor
Oct 10, 2004
All these articles about Gawndog getting busted punching darts on the way to training has me thinking that somewhere out there Brock McLean is having a whinge - 'But I smoked loads of ciggies on the way to training too!'

On another note, Barrett doing everything he can to jinx us. I think big Maxy is up for the challenge though - thrives on the pressure.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 10.40.03 pm.png
doesn't

And, as a Bulldogs eejeet has reminded us on MB, tanking for scully (even though we tanked for trenners) has eventually landed us May and Sparrow. Thanks Tom!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Whoever the couple of numpties were who wanted an empty MCG rather than that crowd can suck it.

That was one of the best ever crowds I've seen us play infront of an it was ******* Perth haha
Oh FFS

One of these days I’m going to set up my finishing school in honour of Topkent

Its where you learn that there are many ways of saying things, for example:

”numpties who wanted an empty MCG can suck it” can be easily replaced with “some wanted the MCG without crowds, but in my humble opinion the Perth fixture with a crowd was a better experience for the team, supporters and viewers”.

Kent, I’m happy for you to be my first customer. Act super nice and you could be in for a generous discount

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
And, as a Bulldogs eejeet has reminded us on MB, tanking for scully (even though we tanked for trenners) has eventually landed us May and Sparrow. Thanks Tom!
I saw that. One of the more puzzling ideas expressed in an already puzzling thread

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Oh FFS

”numpties who wanted an empty MCG can suck it” can be easily replaced with “some wanted the MCG without crowds, but in my humble opinion the Perth fixture with a crowd was a better experience for the team, supporters and viewers”.

Kent, I’m happy for you to be my first customer. Act super nice and you could be in for a generous discount

You can suck it too numpty

Oh FFS

I think TKs Wonthaggi structured sentence has a certain charm

Back