Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

GAWN%20Max.png

Number: 37
Height 206cm
Weight 97kg
DOB 28-12-1991

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Re: Max Gawn

:thumbsu:

Future man-mountain. Love it.
Correct weight in describing Mad Max as a Man Mountain or at least could develop into one. Saw himat training last Friday and WOW is he impressive. Still not running or kicking he is doing hand balling and swimming as the main training

Rd 2 update: Max watched the game at home on the weekend. Its fair to say he was very disappointed. Took his frustrations out on each one of his fathers golf clubs after the final siren. Old man Gawn's clubs unfortunately, will never be the same again.

Gilmore.jpg

Someone seriously needs to buy him this tee especially with the players supposedly making (another) statement this week.

Guns_Don_t_Kill_People.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuIVj06r_jc

I read in the article on him in todays herald sun his was a KPF coming through the juniors and had a growth spurt in his last year. You can really notice in the second half of the highlights he was shorter and very agile. From all reports he still has that agility and he can play forward and take a clunk!

Surprisingly competitive and far from out of his depth. Most 1st game under 21 yo ruckman get physically butchered by the experienced ruckman, not Max.:thumbsu:

Hille and Bell Chambers are two very good ruckman, i watched him closely, he was never rag dolled or out muscled excessively and positioned himself well in the ruck contests. Better mobility than i expected as well.

The grab in the last quarter was very promising. The kick i wouldn't read too much into, probably a combination of nerves and buggeredness. His field kicking looked pretty good to me.

Very very happy to have Max at Melbourne, cant wait until he builds up some more muscle on that frame and gets some endurance into the legs. Barring injury, the future looks very bright.

Max Gawn 2011 Review:
Todd Viney said:
Max was a really good find. We didn’t expect him to play senior footy this year, but he played a few games. We saw him play some outstanding games in the ruck for Casey - he’s got some elite ruck skills. His body is getting bigger, stronger and more durable. He was a real find this year.
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124921/default.aspx (with special guest appearance by a Colin Garland in Round 21!)

Now that Juice is gone, it's time for the new cult figure, that huge, hulking man wearing the #37.
Someone find his golf video for me to link to.

EDIT: Max gives golf a go with Nathan Jones and Michael Newton.
http://www.twitvid.com/54GUU

Last edited:
Now that Juice is gone, it's time for the new cult figure, that huge, hulking man wearing the #37.
Someone find his golf video for me to link to.
Do you really wanna do this? all of our cult hero's inevitably get delisted.

Do you really wanna do this? all of our cult hero's inevitably get delisted.
He's 208cm, he was a cult hero for me as soon as we drafted him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back