Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Whitfield isn't definently the 2nd best player at all.

Wines Vlastuin Daniher Grundy are all arguably up there. You also picked what looks like the worst draft in history.

Either way you have named 2 players in 25 years of drafting. The number 1 pick is the most over rated piece of s**t in the history off all sports.
He’s better than Wines and Vlastuin. Grundy is a good point.

Hard to include father-son picks - they are nearly impossible to poach so criticising clubs for not picking them at 1 is tough.

The other thing though is you are laying into recruiters for not having a crystal ball...the question should always be ‘did this player deliver on the potential that saw them go as #1?’ Now that does give you grounds to lay into clubs for player development etc

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s better than Wines and Vlastuin. Grundy is a good point.

Hard to include father-son picks - they are nearly impossible to poach so criticising clubs for not picking them at 1 is tough.

The other thing though is you are laying into recruiters for not having a crystal ball...the question should always be ‘did this player deliver on the potential that saw them go as #1?’ Now that does give you grounds to lay into clubs for player development etc

Look I half agree with you, the only way to truly know would be if a good side somehow traded for the number 1 pick, often the no 1 has gone to a club in disarray so hasn't been developed well, natanui went to a well run club and has become a pretty good player.

Your likely to find good players in the top 10 no doubt, but it's far overrated the difference in quality between player 1-10

Pretty certain all recruiters are full time not part time, when was the last time the number 1 pick was the best player? There's almost nothing between the top 20 half the time but for the no 1 pick they take the safe option.
Whitfield?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ozzz

Senior List
May 28, 2013
Back Pocket
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton Carlton Carlton
Carlton supporter here but a fan of the big bloke. Gotta love him.

41FsDv4umSL.jpg

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Hmmm, I don't know how this can happen? He's been nowhere near his form from last year.

I think last year is taken into account as well, so while he has had a less then perfect start this year he was huge last year which has shot him up to number 1.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hmmm, I don't know how this can happen? He's been nowhere near his form from last year.
It takes into account something like his last 40 games over a 2 year period, with the most recent being weighted more than game 39 and 40. So I'm pretty sure what has actually happened, is that he's moved past the games he had out with injury in '17.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other than his set shots for goal...

Back