Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
For his an our sake, i hope he breaks out of the group of the likes of Phil Read, Nathan Carrol, Alistair Nicholson, Juice Newton etc.

DeeWong6996

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
"Hey, do you know Max Gawn?"
"No, but I know a Max GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN"

Tell you what, if he gets big enough in a metaphorical sense, it'll be absolutely awesome at the 'G to hear the crowd utter 'GAWN!' all at once - might put the old 'OOZE' to shame

Tell you what, if he gets big enough in a metaphorical sense, it'll be absolutely awesome at the 'G to hear the crowd utter 'GAWN!' all at once - might put the old 'OOZE' to shame

If there is one thing I'll remember about or Albanian utility, it's that we started the Ooze chant, which every club now has, and it won't be beaten.

Kreuz...
Tooov...

Get original!

Canary

All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
love it! Best video of him was at the Bluey and he was asked about his first impression of Neeld and he goes...

'Ah, first impression I was scared, and then second impression...I was still scared.'

May 8, 2011
loɔɐʇıou:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Clearly our new cult hero will be bigger and better than his obsolete former team mate...
scale.png

Iturnupeveryweek

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn has even grown it seems. Walked out side by side with Jamar and clearly taller than this time last year. Was really impressed by his effort yesterday in the running group that he sat at the front of or in the middle of most of session. Guys like Blease really did it tough.

Maxy looked comfortable and for the big man he is its obvious he has worked on his tank and running in the off season. Much more so than others. I couldn't imagine Sandilands looking as comfortable as Maxy did yesterday in running drills. :thumbsu:

Maxy looked comfortable and for the big man he is its obvious he has worked on his tank and running in the off season. Much more so than others. I couldn't imagine Sandilands looking as comfortable as Maxy did yesterday in running drills. :thumbsu:

If he's improved this much while Misson's barely been to the club I can't wait to see him at the end of the pre-season. :thumbsu:

Mar 14, 2007
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders San Jose Sharks
An urban legend my uncle said that if you say 'Max Gawn' infront of the mirror 3 times he will appear behind you bending a golf club !!!!!!

I hope that Clark gets #11 like has been said so Gawn can stay at 37. I don't want to get his number on my back and find out it's been changed.
Anyone with a number in the 30's should stick with that number.
Jeff Farmer went s**t when he changed from #33 to #8. Changed back to #33 and played well again.
Matthew Warnock, top 5 in the B&F in #37 to being a fumbling spud in #1.
Aussie Wonaeamirri gun goalsneak in #39, plagued by injury and personal problems in #33.
Only exception I can think of is Stef Martin going from #33 to #34 (which may have been a forced change).

Back