Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

What? He took the sixth most contested marks in the comp this season and his intercept marking went to another level.

208cm roaming ruckman he should be number 1 in the Comp.

What was is CM count for last year? Did he improve?

208cm roaming ruckman he should be number 1 in the Comp.

What was is CM count for last year? Did he improve?
42 in 21 games this year
Last year 55 in 25 games

Didnt have the connection with the mids like last year, I think we forget how much of an edge that gave us last year. Some of those 3rd quarters when we would stream forward from every bounce with a decisive clearance were unbeatable. Probably more the mids fault as Gawn was still getting a heap of taps this year, just not making use of it.

By our standards he had a good year , by his i reckon his 2018 year was more influential for the team . His connection with the mids was not as good this season.

Wouldn't have made my team, but happy for him. Who was our last 4x All-Australian?
Wouldn't have made mine either. Maybe just got one back for missing out in 2017 due to injury. Unless Trac, Oliver and Lever start making it every year I don't know that we have anyone else that'll outdo Max from here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Gawns alot better around the ground but Natanui has a more devastating tap.
Yeah Gawn is miles better around the ground. But Gawn led the league with 18% of ruck contests to advantage compared to Nic 16% this year.

2017-2020 Gawn miles better than anyone, I’m guessing Nic is the light blue dot on the right with the highest hit-out %

325513DE-54BE-45BA-8DC2-19425C7721B0.jpeg

Yeah Gawn is miles better around the ground. But Gawn led the league with 18% of ruck contests to advantage compared to Nic 16% this year.

2017-2020 Gawn miles better than anyone, I’m guessing Nic is the light blue dot on the right with the highest hit-out %

View attachment 970181
He also has the 'best' inside mids in the game to go for. I'm not saying Gawn isn't a good tap ruck, he's awesome. Nic Nats are better

He also has the 'best' inside mids in the game to go for. I'm not saying Gawn isn't a good tap ruck, he's awesome. Nic Nats are better
Best inside mids is debatable, we finished 4th last in the league in clearances despite having it fed to them on a platter

I dunno about that

This year NikNat was for sure but overall there wouldn't be much difference between the two. NikNat is more flashy with his big leaps and hitouts which catch the eye. Whereas Gawn just bangs it down the throat of our midfielders without looking flashy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back