Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

Deplorable until half time on the weekend! Still cannot lower the eyes and hit a 30m kick

Not lowering the eyes is Spuds strength imho.

Nothing worse than a defender toe poking a pissy pass that doesnt hit the target. At least when Spud gets the pill its landing forward of centre 99/100 and gives breathing room to get back if he misses targets.

Met his folks at Shep last year, my daughter has a part time gig at McDonalds and Spud would come through and order a couple of cheese burgers. My wife told his mum, most upset. Michael is a very naughty boy, she was wrapt we were neighbours.

An awesome family and an awesome North man is Mick. Always bring up Mick when Hawks fans talk about Gibbo. A architypal North boy is Spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Spud. He was THE ultimate clubman. Always got on with the job. No fuss. What's that coach? You want me at fullback matching it with the blokes 10cms taller and 15kgs heavier? Lol, righto. Didn't always win. But gave it a 150% red hot crack. In your face, smiling that smile that said no worries mate, bring it on. One of ours goes down, there's Spud. In the middle of the scrum, it's 1 on 10, who gives a *, you never back down.

Spuds career was over 5 years ago apparently. I know because I said it was. Whoops, the next year he gets the lifeline that he deserved and winds the clock back so far he probably has his best ever season.

You never say die. You always take the fight front on and you never ever show anything that resembled weakness.

That's why I love him. It's why I loved Arch, it's why I loved Schimma.

The ultimate club men.

I'm gonna miss him.

He epitomized North Melbourne and the bastards made me shed a tear.

Farewell champ, you've done us all proud.

Last edited:
I'm probably more upset about Spud leaving than Boomer and Drew to be honest.

Have loved watching him punch above his weight - figuratively and literally - and give his all for the club and his mates.

A true shinboner in every sense.

Certainly got the best out of himself, and considering Archer and Spud carried the number 11, the next bloke to wear it has massive shoes to fill.

Congrats Spud on a memorable career :thumbsu:

Last edited:
I'm probably more upset about Spud leaving than Boomer and Drew to be honest.

Have loved watching him punch above his weight - figuratively and literally - and give his all for the club and his mates.

A true shinboner in every sense.

Certainly got the best out of himself, and considering Archer and Spud carried the number 11, the next bloke to wear it has massive shoes to fill.

Congrats Spud on a memorable career :thumbsu:

Nielson might be the heir. I've never seen him play but I like the sound of him.

One of my favourites, love the Spud.

Reckon his worth has been severely undervalued over the journey.

Fitting he had #11 because just like Arch, Spud's football talents were glossed over in favour of other more tangible traits like courage and hardness.

Fantastic career for any player let alone a rookie.

A great guy to boot as borne out by his farewell tweet.

Hope we can send him off with a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back