Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think McDonald should get it.

Has similar shinboner fearless attack on the footy, natural aggression and sticks up for his mates in a scuffle.

Would be happy to swap the 21 for the 11 if he wanted to :thumbsu:

Of course, you're spot on. I can't believe I forgot about Lukey.

14040179_10154020020986843_2230117779881405418_n.jpg

Well done to spud on a good career,got everything out of himself and was a true warrior for us,I thought he was well and truely cooked 2 or 3 yrs ago but just found a way to keep contributing to the cause,I'd love him back at the club one day helping out the defenders(not as a kicking coach) to get the most out of themselves.

Produced a lot of good footy when we needed it and through some rough(er) patches.

Funny little ratbag who does what he does because he loves the club.

True shinboner.

Sad day yesterday. i havent posted, as i wanted it to sink in.....well m gutted that this day has come. it was expected that mick was gone after this year, but will be missed badly.
i hope somehow, he can be involved with the club in the future, as great people are what make great clubs, and mick is one great person.

Congrates on an awesome career Spud, now let get a handfull of wins to end the career!

Did the 11 proud.

I'm honestly not sure there is much more of an accolade than that.

Wore the shinboner of the centuries jumper and did justice to it.

Would lay down in traffic for the club.

Hopefully we get to see his little bloke pull on the Blue and White too.

Spud needs more love around here.

How good we he have fit in with the '90's back line?

Mick, Arch, Choppy, King, JYD, Spud. That's some scary s**t.

Never heard him whinge about anything, took his demotion back to the VFL with grace. Champion bloke.

Spud needs more love around here.

How good we he have fit in with the '90's back line?

Mick, Arch, Choppy, King, JYD, Spud. That's some scary s**t.

Never heard him whinge about anything, took his demotion back to the VFL with grace. Champion bloke.

From a playing perspective Spud is the hardest player out of the 4 to replace in my opinion.

Been an unbelievable servant to our club on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My love for the number 11 runs deep, so much so I named my dog after him.

Every time he did something courageous or gave away a jumper punch 50m free I'd yell "SPUUUUD!!" and like a flash my dog would jump straight up on my lap. Like the great man, my poor dog doesn't have many games left in his career either.

I hope he goes out with a bang.

The lovely Outer Sanctum interview mentioned that Spud and his wife are genuine heart and soul people - him with the players and she is the same with the partners. The ones who get the groups together, remember everyone's birthdays, all that personal stuff. Will be missed on and off field.

Battled above his height and weight on so many occasions. Often on the end of some hidings but never once shirked it.

Limited athletically, he got the best out of himself by showing courage and playing with heart. Was really durable across his playing days despite always putting his body on the line.

First to fly the flag, but a genuine kid hearted bloke off it.

Enjoy retirement spud. Thanks for your service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back