Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

His deliberate OOB?

Seriously any umpire who believes Spud has the skill level to pull that kick off, must never have seen him play any of his 200+ games. Laughable!!

He proved this moments later with an horrendous OOF in a similar position.
i called it straight of the boot, at least the umps are being somewhat consistent with this rule,

Spuds form in 2013 was terrible. Cant believe how well hes going.
spuds game below the shoulders was never in doubt, its his above the shoulders game that has radically improved, he has almost completely eliminated those awful free kicks he was giving away in defense and showing great rebound.

His deliberate OOB?

Seriously any umpire who believes Spud has the skill level to pull that kick off, must never have seen him play any of his 200+ games. Laughable!!

He proved this moments later with an horrendous OOF in a similar position.
It was just a poor kick. Terrible call. He was kicking to space that overcooked

Don't think most of our supporters have appreciated this bloke's career enough.

Taken as a rookie, Spud has outperformed almost all the other players we've brought in from the 2000s period for our club. Of that crop I'd say only Petrie, Wells, Swallow and Goldie have any argument for being rated ahead of him for total contribution to our on-field fortunes.

Absolute competitor who is an underrated mark and a bull charging out of defence with his run and long kicking.

On top of all that, one of the few at Arden Street these days who can get into a scrap and not look like he's secretly soiling himself.

Love the bloke.

Taken as a rookie, Spud has outperformed almost all the other players we've brought in from the 2000s period for our club. Of that crop I'd say only Petrie, Wells, Swallow and Goldie have any argument for being rated ahead of him for total contribution to our on-field fortunes.

Absolute competitor who is an underrated mark and a bull charging out of defence with his run and long kicking.

On top of all that, one of the few at Arden Street these days who can get into a scrap and not look like he's secretly soiling himself.

Love the bloke.
Not best 22.

Love the bloke.

Yep my sentiments too. Love it when he gets involved and flys the flag. Does not take a backward step. And a very nice bloke as well.

In today's HS, nice article on Spud. Apologies but at work and can't access file online and screenshot won't load to BF from my phone. Spud and his wife expecting child #2 this spring. Due date 10 days from GF. Spud says he won't miss GF (if North make it) for anything, has been 14 years for him and the partner is AOk with that.

In today's HS, nice article on Spud. Apologies but at work and can't access file online and screenshot won't load to BF from my phone. Spud and his wife expecting child #2 this spring. Due date 10 days from GF. Spud says he won't miss GF (if North make it) for anything, has been 14 years for him and the partner is AOk with that.
Well done Mrs Spud.

She might have said differently if it was kid #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL has gone passed him so quickly the coaching staff have missed it.

Gives absolute zero offensively & last 6 weeks has been completely carried.

Last night was absolute terrible again!!!

Was about to come here and post this. Giving us absolutely nothing. No offensive output and is getting beaten too often in the one on ones.

Averaging 12 touches, 3 marks and 1.5 tackles per game. Shithouse for someone who is meant to be playing on the third talls. Has slowed down considerably this year.

If wright/McDonald were fit I'd have spud out before Mullett/Mckenzie. Wouldn't be against Hansen playing for him either, at least Hansen can take an intercept Mark.

I love the bloke, he is tough, courageous and has battled manfully for this club for a long time. But the game has gone past him at a rate of knots.

The match-ups on most of their smalls changed after LMac went off injured. It forced Mullet back and a bit of a switch-around.

I think people forget how Spud has to defend such a wide variety of players. I often saw him on McEvoy/Ceglar (neither of whom looked dangerous up forward), and then at other times he was on Breust or someone like Smith resting forward.

For the 2nd week in a row, the opposition's most dangerous forward has been predominantly defended by Scotty Thompson. And we ain't exactly talking about champions in Kersten & Sicily!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back