Senior 11. Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Time this was fished from the depths.
I like the way Mitch plays. He is the kind of player that takes no crap and gives some needle. We havent had anyone that can get his sort of elevation since Fevola. (sorry AW but I am talking forwards and you werent one)
But this guy can get into defence unseen. He must have a cloaking device or something.
What I really like is how he jumps while other players are still setting themselves and if he doesnt hold the mark he is on the ground again when they are still in the air with ball dropping to ground. So he gets the loose ball chance also. Its impossible to defend and one of these days he will start taking screamers. He can pick it off the grass too. Lovely kick on him. A great get for our club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you agenda driven tonight or what??
better?

71o4bKQskFL._SX466_.jpg

Best kick at goal on list by a country mile - beautiful kick, great mark, plenty of mongrel and smart as - Gun.
When he puts his hands on the ball to line up for a shot you just know it. And I just hope they can make it the example and teach some of our guys the right approach before any bad habits creep in.

When he puts his hands on the ball to line up for a shot you just know it. And I just hope they can make it the example and teach some of our guys the right approach before any bad habits creep in.

Give him and teh forward line a year to gell - and look out.

Just seems the sort of bloke that will own big moments at some stage in the future.

That's the way I see it.

Players like Cripps, Walsh and Dow will be the consistent ball winners of the group. Not everyone can get 30+ disposals in a game.

McGovern will be the moments man. Watch him work his magic when the game is on the line.

A very exciting prospect who'll provide much entertainment for the fans. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back