Senior 11. Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Pure footballers the McGovern boys. How Mitch has such a shocking rig yet leap so high is freakish.
He has 'real or natural' as opposed to manufactured athleticism...people bagging Pickett's physique should have a good look at Tipp from Essendone - a little fatso pocket rocket.

How impressive is this guy? Doesn't find a huge amount of the footy but he's a pure footballer. Never wastes a disposal, very calm with ball in hand, and finally a KPF who doesn't miss. Averaging a touch under 2 goals a game, and starting to gel with Charlie and Harry.

How impressive is this guy? Doesn't find a huge amount of the footy but he's a pure footballer. Never wastes a disposal, very calm with ball in hand, and finally a KPF who doesn't miss. Averaging a touch under 2 goals a game, and starting to gel with Charlie and Harry.

Agreed, he is a constant threat to the opposition.

You get a feeling of great comfort when he is lining up for goal because you know he is most likely going to kick the goal. I'm not sure there is any other player at the club who gives you that same feeling.

You get a feeling of great comfort when he is lining up for goal because you know he is most likely going to kick the goal. I'm not sure there is any other player at the club who gives you that same feeling.

Andrejs Everitt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russell stated that it's the best shape he's entered a pre-season, in.

Plenty have turned off him, but I still see attributes there that many just haven't got.

Does have to get his arse into gear now, though.
If he can put it together he adds another dimension that makes us hard to match up on.

If ...

Starts the season not in our best 22, it’s on him to change that opinion..

currently is behind McKay, Curnow (when fit) Casboult and JSOS for the tall/medium forward role.. and if we play 2 ruckman TDK slots in their as well and we can play a max of 4 of these types

Starts the season not in our best 22, it’s on him to change that opinion..

currently is behind McKay, Curnow (when fit) Casboult and JSOS for the tall/medium forward role.. and if we play 2 ruckman TDK slots in their as well and we can play a max of 4 of these types
As much as Im annoyed by his weight issues, he's always been in best 22.

JSOS probably works harder but McG is just much more talented.

He need to have the aerobics fitness of a midfielder .
He needs to play as hff who runs up and down the ground and blows up his opponent. This will give him space so he can get to the marking contest as the third man up from the side. Like gunston , lynch (Adelaide)

He is actually a good kick off one step in a play on situation.
We need to play him to his strengths.
Also he isn't a kpf and not sure he is backman even though his brother can play there.
I also think he needs to prove he deserves his spot at the moment.
I think he has the talent but he may need to play a couple of reserves game where he can kill it and get a few more touches.

He need to have the aerobics fitness of a midfielder .
He needs to play as hff who runs up and down the ground and blows up his opponent. This will give him space so he can get to the marking contest as the third man up from the side. Like gunston , lynch (Adelaide)

He is actually a good kick off one step in a play on situation.
We need to play him to his strengths.
Also he isn't a kpf and not sure he is backman even though his brother can play there.
I also think he needs to prove he deserves his spot at the moment.
I think he has the talent but he may need to play a couple of reserves game where he can kill it and get a few more touches.
You say he has to play to his strengths...but also that he needs to build a tank like a midfielder?

At the moment his strengths are that he's mercurial, explosive and a good set shot.

His tank would be a weakness if anything hence the fat camp training.

Anyone else find it incredibly childish and frankly cringe-worthy that some continue to post about his 'weight issues' as though they're ongoing?

He (and his brother) have never been the fittest blokes running around but that's never stopped them from having an impact.

Mitch broke his back and couldn't train properly for ages hence the lack of conditioning which is fair enough. He worked hard to get into shape which to his credit was achieved, yet people overlook that and continue to rip into him as though he's obese.

The ongoing carry on by some supporters is embarrassing.

As much as Im annoyed by his weight issues, he's always been in best 22.

JSOS probably works harder but McG is just much more talented.

JSOS offers the defensive pressure that Mitch will never be able to provide, a year out of the side with injury has everyone forgetting how valuable those 1% he brings were for our forward set up.

for me it comes down to 1 of Levi or Mitch..No room for both and if TDK develops his fed craft and Charlie comes back then both will be playing 2s.

Anyone else find it incredibly childish and frankly cringe-worthy that some continue to post about his 'weight issues' as though they're ongoing?

He (and his brother) have never been the fittest blokes running around but that's never stopped them from having an impact.

Mitch broke his back and couldn't train properly for ages hence the lack of conditioning which is fair enough. He worked hard to get into shape which to his credit was achieved, yet people overlook that and continue to rip into him as though he's obese.

The ongoing carry on by some supporters is embarrassing.
I used the term "weight issues" in the past tense, hence the word "annoyed" and actually defending him as best 22.

If your post was directed at me think you're being a bit over the top and missing the context.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back