Senior 11. Mitchell Edwards (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

With Pick 32 in the 2023 National Draft Geelong have selected:

Hes a Cats upporter...

Mitchell Edwards Welcome to the Club

206 cms

And he was a Freo NGA that we grabbed before they could bid on him.

Likened to Tim English.

GO Catters

Last edited:

This pick tells me that we might have no chance in ever getting Sean Darcy.

This pick tells me that we might have no chance in ever getting Sean Darcy.

Hasn't that already been repeatedly ruled out by both Geelong and the Darcy clan

Happy to see us go with a youngster instead

Cats continue to select Key Position players
Now have 2 Ruckmen that can take a decent grab
Mitch also looks comfortable as a marking forward.
Also a good mover and decent kick.
Will take a few years to fill out... will be worth the wait
3 guys 206 tall. in the same team?...mmmm?
SDK Defense : Conway Ruck : Edwards Forward

Sticky hands for a 206 bloke.
Decent skills too.
3 year slow cook starts now.

GO CAtters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sean Darcy rumours have been going on for as long as the Scott Lucas's ones from 20 years ago. Move on.

Will take time as hes built like a twig but the ruck craft is already there, probably the best Ruck left on the board.
If you were to rank the Rucks in this draft, top 5, who are they?
He averaged almost a goal a game. I wonder if he is can also be a tall forward / 2nd ruck option in the future. With his leap and height, he could be a difficult match up for the opposition
So then Neale won't get a game?

The Sean Darcy rumours have been going on for as long as the Scott Lucas's ones from 20 years ago. Move on.
I think the Scott Lucas rumours are still going... lol

His foot skills look pretty good. For hitouts, he's rated above average, and for hitouts to advantage, he's rated elite. At 206cm he's a good prospect. It puts pressure on Conway to perform now he has competition. Stanley may only have a year left, two tops. I thought this was a clever pick from the Cats.

His foot skills look pretty good. For hitouts, he's rated above average, and for hitouts to advantage, he's rated elite. At 206cm he's a good prospect. It puts pressure on Conway to perform now he has competition. Stanley may only have a year left, two tops. I thought this was a clever pick from the Cats.

Given Conway inj issues .
Good pick thumb 👍👍

Love this pick - great potential in his own right but also essential given Conways durability issues - it’s tough on your body in the ruck so this is welcome depth as well as offering a forward/ruck option. Couldn’t ask for a better base as a ruckman. Head down, work hard Mitch and can’t wait to see you run out with the ones.

Great pick could be our number 1 ruckman within 2 years, has a load of talent and could be the steal of the draft. I was lobbying for him, I dont care if we have another developing ruck, there is plenty of room for 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back