Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry, i should know better than posting under the influence of " Medication"
Pretty sure we've all been there (please let me be right)

None taken man, i know it.

Now if i could convince him to watch some Melbourne games, that'd be a start
I assume he saw last years Post ANZAC day Massacre then since he loves his tigers so much?

I assume he saw last years Post ANZAC day Massacre then since he loves his tigers so much?
Better, reckons there was nothing in Rance slapping the back of Wattsy's head. Also reckons Viney should have been suspended instead for remonstrating with Rance

Cracking match tonight on rod laver arena.

Am i alone in liking women's tennis over mens? I feel the men power hit it so much, but the women get into cracking rallies. Should play more sets, they're elite athletes and they provide such a spectacle. (Also pretty good with Sharapova on ban, because the screaming is banned too).

Also i know i'm contributing to the derailment of this thread, but how did the max gawn thread become tennis talk
Most women on tour can't even hit a slice backhand. There isn't much variation in strategies compared to men's, look at Mischa Zverev who took a set off Murray with his serve and volley getting to the fourth round. Most of the better women's players are big hitters from the baseline which gets boring after a while.

Most women on tour can't even hit a slice backhand. There isn't much variation in strategies compared to men's, look at Mischa Zverev who took a set off Murray with his serve and volley getting to the fourth round. Most of the better women's players are big hitters from the baseline which gets boring after a while.

Goodbye Angry Murray!

My step father is an old man who the game has passed by. Saw Maxy on the news this morning tackling the joker, and he says "that's probably the best he can do" to which i reply "you don't end up being s**t if you're in the AA team". This launched an argument. First of all he's forgotten the AA team existed so i had to convince him it's the team of the year, then i had to tell him he was the only ruck selected to which he called bullshit. Then he turned into a real smart ass and said "if a ruck gets to the ball first, and you have the best ruckman in the league, then how come you didn't win the premiership?". WTF!? it's like talking to a brick wall. He also said Nic Nat is the best ruck in the league and gawn can't be better than him

then he tells me Cotchin is a star of the game and Watts needs to be traded still even after last year.

i know he's an old fart tiger supporter the games passed by, but surely this slightly highlights our exposure in AFL.
Did you ask him How Cotchins best season 2012 went again? Hows that Brownlow winner player since 12'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonder if someone can get maxy to wear this to training?

327845_48a109ff4f9479adbbbbb18efb6c72ec.JPG

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=0d1fce8f7c39c7986a87ee56800487ae-1490795673

Max Gawn prepared to sign early contract extension to take him off free agency market

MAX Gawn had played his way into the top handful of contracts at Melbourne as the Demons prepare to take him off the free agency table.

The Demons signed Gawn to a three-year extension at the end of 2015 then watched him explode as the league’s best ruckman.

It is understood Gawn had lucrative contract clauses for All-Australian representation and best-and-fairest finishes that significantly boosted his pay packet.

He has two years to run on his contract, but both player and club are happy to consider a contract extension at the end of this season.

By then he will be a free agent but at 26 will be entering the best years of his career.

As players across the competition put off contract talks, Gawn is wedded to the idea of playing his career out at Melbourne.

Gawn finished third in the club’s best-and-fairest last year and was the club’s only All Australian representative.

His contract reflects the increased flexibility in contracts that allow a player’s breakout season to be immediately rewarded by their club.

Some players can earn $100,000-$200,000 in extra incentives clauses depending on how their contracts are structured.

Gawn’s manager Anthony McConville, of Mac’s Sports, would not discuss his current contract but said both he and the club were comfortable about his status.

“We will see how things roll for the remainder of the year and no doubt at the appropriate time we will sit down and look to move forward again,’’ he said.

“He is important to Melbourne and they are important to him. He has got Jim Stynes’ jumper number and has been quoted saying he looks at that number and respects the opportunity he has been presented with,’’ he said.

“But at the same time he understands the realities of the game — it’s all about your last performances. He is a real competitor and there is a lot of improvement left in him.”

Against St Kilda last Saturday he returned from treatment on a bad back to totally overpower St Kilda ruckman Tom Hickey.

After playing only 39 games by the time he signed his last deal, he has become the most important player at the club.

Last year Champion Data rated Gawn elite for disposals, marks, hitout to advantage percentage, and score involvements.

The Demons have cap space to build a war chest for this year’s trade market but have maintained securing existing talent is their first priority.

Jesse Hogan signed a two-year extension last year to secure him until 2019, while midfield dynamo Clayton Oliver is also locked away until 2019.

New captain Jack Viney is committed until 2020 on a deal that could earn him as much as $2.5 million over four years.

Young forward Sam Weideman also signed a two-year deal in February that secures him until 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back