Traded 11. Tim Kelly (2018 - 2019)

I think I read Tim K went back home to complete his Elec Apprenticeship exams .. .. I like these guys having a real job outside footy to go back to when its all finished... whether that a long or short time... one hopes he can be a bright spark for our team next year...

Well played sir.

I think I read Tim K went back home to complete his Elec Apprenticeship exams .. .. I like these guys having a real job outside footy to go back to when its all finished... whether that a long or short time... one hopes he can be a bright spark for our team next year...
= or > Motlop, and we have a winner.
Tall order though.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I havent bothered watching his interview - and i couldnt care less about it

However i did read a newspaper article after he got drafted - and he said - look in his situation - it would have been alot easier if he went to 1 of the 2 local clubs - however he did add that coming into the draft - that he wanted to go to the club that wanted him the most - and that happens to be Geelong - and he added that the club is great and the people are great - so alls good

Just on his number preference - if Billy Goggin was still coach - and Kelly starred in the opening 3 or 4 games - then Kelly would be quickly wearing no 8 - and Kolo or whoever presently wears no 8 - would be wearing blooody no 50 or something .

ShaunWDT

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I have a bit of an issue with the suggestion that we will play him on the wing as an outside player, considering he's done all his best work as an inside mid, I'd rather play him up forward and rotate him into the role that best suits him.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I have a bit of an issue with the suggestion that we will play him on the wing as an outside player, considering he's done all his best work as an inside mid, I'd rather play him up forward and rotate him into the role that best suits him.

I think he’ll play predominantly forward. He knows where the goals are and kicked 7 in a half in the WAFL this year.

View attachment 440251

Probably could do without the ink ..but that just my preference.

I don't like tatts myself, especially on women.
But if he ends up being a top player, then I could not care if he dyed his hair fluorescent green.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Would love to see how he goes at an intra-club match vs GAJ or Selwood... I think he will play HFF, Wing, maybe short stints in the guts.

Would love to see how he goes at an intra-club match vs GAJ or Selwood... I think he will play HFF, Wing, maybe short stints in the guts.
Clearly has pace and skills - I hope he can add that "slow down and balance 1/2 a step" before kicking or disposing of it to his game. Hardest thing for now players to do it seems.

Will go a massive distance to his polish and finish IMO.
GO Catters

Clearly has pace and skills - I hope he can add that "slow down and balance 1/2 a step" before kicking or disposing of it to his game. Hardest thing for now players to do it seems.

Will go a massive distance to his polish and finish IMO.
GO Catters
Cocky sometimes has this problem but that goal in R1 v Freo he actually slowed down at the last minute.
Wojo really did have this problem, another one I'd love to have back playing :(

Geelong Dynasty

16 PREMIERSHIPS
10k Posts
Oct 1, 2011
VFA-VFL-AFL 16 flags and counting
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL
Oh sorry. Yaaaaay Wells drafted an injured 23 year old at 24 what a magnificent win for the club all hail the benevolent General Cook and his glorious new regime.

I'm happy to eat my words in 8 months, and I really hope I'm wrong, but this one on the surface looks insane.

Just sayin'

Oh sorry. Yaaaaay Wells drafted an injured 23 year old at 24 what a magnificent win for the club all hail the benevolent General Cook and his glorious new regime.

I'm happy to eat my words in 8 months, and I really hope I'm wrong, but this one on the surface looks insane.

foot-in-mouth.jpg

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder

First time i read this 8 months later your comment is correct

Gee Class Loco

Premium Platinum
Oct 14, 2012
Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Ham DEN Broncos BOS Celtics

Did they taste nice?? Lol. Just saw this today made me laugh.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Traded to West Coast with picks 57 and a future 3rd round pick for picks 14 24 37 and a future R1 pick (tied to west coast). All the best Tim and family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back