Traded 11. Tim Kelly (2018 - 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

You should go to his first day of training and punch him in the face.

Oh sorry. Yaaaaay Wells drafted an injured 23 year old at 24 what a magnificent win for the club all hail the benevolent General Cook and his glorious new regime.

I'm happy to eat my words in 8 months, and I really hope I'm wrong, but this one on the surface looks insane.

Oh sorry. Yaaaaay Wells drafted an injured 23 year old at 24 what a magnificent win for the club all hail the benevolent General Cook and his glorious new regime.

I'm happy to eat my words in 8 months, and I really hope I'm wrong, but this one on the surface looks insane.
He'll play round 1. He is a star.

First melt of the draft, congrats :p

There's a difference between being cautious or unconvinced about a selection and outright not giving the guy a chance. Your post just seemed like a weird sulk before the guy has even had a moment to prove himself. Getting excited over a pick is relatively fruitless as well (I though Jarrad Jansen looked a star) but cracking it instantly after a selection just seems a bit unfair to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not just say you have some concerns . Then in a year or two you can say I got it right. Or I got it wrong if he goes well - with apologies.

You should go to his first day of training and punch him in the face.

This will make the bloke feel very uneasy if he is as mad as me and reads Big footy.

Eat your words?....you might have to get your foot out of the way first.

Kelly was selected by many in top 25...he's strong and hard and ready to go...if we hadn't taken him WCE would have.

Great selection IMO.

Didn't this guy have a lot of discipline/attitudinal issues which hampered his ability to get drafted in previous years, and he overcame this with a strong support network outside of football? Seems something of a risk that the go-home factor will be strong and he will struggle to keep himself up to the standard so far from home and his social network.

The pick otherwise makes sense, however. Geelong needs small forwards who can kick goals and play now, and he should be able to do that provided those aforementioned concerns don't quell his capacity to perform for Geelong at AFL.

Why not just say you have some concerns . Then in a year or two you can say I got it right. Or I got it wrong if he goes well - with apologies.

This will make the bloke feel very uneasy if he is as mad as me and reads Big footy.

Nah, he'll just be thinking ''Great, i get to smash some tosser in front of the guys on day1, i'll have mad cred in no time"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back