Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

The Swans Blog

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Should rename this thread to 'Should of God'. Pretty apt title really. It's a bit like the Essendon game, Swans just turned the game around and all the luck went their way as Adelaide slowed to a crawl and tried to hold on to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grimlock

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, NSW

Jewelsbon

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Lord Papley is my favorite swans player now, absolutley love the way this kid goes about it. He will be a one club player too.
Yep completely agree, he's pretty close to my favourite now too. I love watching him go about it and his enthusiasm is contagious! He plays with such footy smarts, its crazy that he went through to the rookie draft. I will miss him this week.

elastic

Team Captain
AFL Club
Sydney
Just goes to show how good his goal was last week to win the game when he was playing under significant duress with his knee injury. What a little champ. Looking forward to watching him play in finals this year. Reckon he's going to make up for his quiet GF.

big_bazza

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
Just thought id pop back in an say that Tommy has been the best small forward in the comp for the last half of the season, i quite often forget hes only a second year player. Hes probably in the top 10 players of his draft year, and he was picked as a rookie.

If McGlynn wasnt injured at the start of last year i wonder how different things would be, im sure he would have eventually cracked into the seniors but its certainly fast tracked his development.

Ahhhh what a guy, get well soon brother Tommy and get yourself up and about for the first final.

CD__

Formerly 1990Swan.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Just thought id pop back in an say that Tommy has been the best small forward in the comp for the last half of the season, i quite often forget hes only a second year player. Hes probably in the top 10 players of his draft year, and he was picked as a rookie.

If McGlynn wasnt injured at the start of last year i wonder how different things would be, im sure he would have eventually cracked into the seniors but its certainly fast tracked his development.

Ahhhh what a guy, get well soon brother Tommy and get yourself up and about for the first final.
Papley debuted in Round 1 last year.

Top Bottom