Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueRoses

Rookie
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't post much, usually content to read the posts, but I had to say something about Papley's performance this year. When I read about his recruitment and then his family history with the swans I was really taken by the romance of it all. It was like a fairytale dream come to life. I've kept a particular eye on his performance over the years, always wanting him to excel because what a great story!
His performance this year has gone up another level and one day, I hope we'll talk about him like we talk of Goodes or Skilton. Fanciful thinking perhaps, but better to aim high than to not dream at all.

MC Bad Genius

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I’m absolutely loving his work this year. I remember when he was first pushing for a spot he was seen as competing for the same kind of role that Ben McGlynn, but without being disrespectful, he has proven himself to be a much better small forward than McGlynn ever was. Despite being more talented, he has the same level of tenacity/hunger/whatever you want to call it and it’s an absolutely winning combination. Wouldn’t be surprised to see both his disposals and goals increase over the next few seasons!

MF

Good Poster, **** Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ed Barlow
I don't post much, usually content to read the posts, but I had to say something about Papley's performance this year. When I read about his recruitment and then his family history with the swans I was really taken by the romance of it all. It was like a fairytale dream come to life. I've kept a particular eye on his performance over the years, always wanting him to excel because what a great story!
His performance this year has gone up another level and one day, I hope we'll talk about him like we talk of Goodes or Skilton. Fanciful thinking perhaps, but better to aim high than to not dream at all.
You should post more often

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Starting to sweat about him remaining a swan beyond his contract..he will have 17 clubs sniffing around

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
if it happens so be it, just dont low ball him when its time

he gives the preverbial 110% every week, love his workrate and commitment thats all we can ask
Really becoming skipper material, although he can get a bit hungry around goals

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
Really becoming skipper material, although he can get a bit hungry around goals

yeah not sure the small forward mid is the skipper type normally, but who knows

always sort of expected heeney or mills end up skipper, maybe Jones,. so yeah maybe papley

who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
Sep 5, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Longmire on SEN
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/23/swans-coach-responds-to-papley-trade-rumours
Swans coach John Longmire was full of praise for him.
“He’s contracted until the end of next year and he’s a very good young player and we’re not getting caught up in the chatter,” he said.
“He’s loving his footy, he’s in our leadership group, he’s a beauty.
“He’d be a very important part of the future of the Sydney Swans and a very good young player.”

Top Bottom