Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Kapanis

Premiership Player
Jul 26, 2015
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
The entire argument of getting a trade pick etc is redundant in my thinking because that trade pick could say up yours I'm outta here, I want a trade to whoever in X years time. If a guy who no one wanted, gets given his opportunity late from a club he has ties to through family and barracked for then what hope have we got, obviously not loyalty. Sorry Paps, your contracted next year, see you at pre season training. Show so ******* balls swans head honchos, otherwise contracts are a ******* joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chaisa

Premium Platinum
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Mumford given away for pick 35 lmaoo
Mitchell pick 14 described by "Gerard Healy as one of the worst trades in the history of trading"
Membrey/Biggs both cbf looking up pick 40 or something
Newman pick 40's

WAKE UP ffs make a stand with Papley stop getting taken up the arse by clubs who are trying to bring us down.
Good thing in this scenario is that those guys were uncontracted (and only the first two Best 22, with cap problems preventing a competitive offer with others), whereas Papley still has another year on his deal. I'm sure we can get a fair return for him, or else he stays in the red and white next year.

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Coniglio is a RFA, Blues will make sure the contract means GWS will take the compo pick, could be as high as pick 12 if they lose first week against the Dogs. Would give GWS 10, 11, 12, first one burnt to match our bid on Green!
I think you’ve missed the info where GWS will match terms. Terms are life of contract, not front or rear ended as per AFL guidelines. Carlton will not get Coniglio and Papley for pick 8 or pick 8 plus AFL compo.

cadsky

Premium Gold
Jun 14, 2011
Mornington Peninsula, Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Mumford given away for pick 35 lmaoo
Mitchell pick 14 described by "Gerard Healy as one of the worst trades in the history of trading"
Membrey/Biggs both cbf looking up pick 40 or something
Newman pick 40's

WAKE UP ffs make a stand with Papley stop getting taken up the arse by clubs who are trying to bring us down.
Well there was that one time where we traded a rookie to Collingwood for a future second round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DST

Club Legend
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
Initially I was perplexed as to the Papely talk, but it would seem a step up in his relationship with a long term girlfriend who does not want to move interstate has forced his hand. We always approach these situations like adults and will explore what we can do to get a deal done this year that advances our position in other areas of the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big Blood

All Australian
Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
Tim Watson on SEN claiming Papley's GF lives in Melbourne.

No I don't know how either how Watson came to be expert on Pap's private life.

But Watson made the reasonable point that Sydney had lots of eligible young ladies too. Maybe Pap found that his pickup line about being in the Swans leadership group didn't work north of the Murray.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Tim Watson on SEN claiming Papley's GF lives in Melbourne.

No I don't know how either how Watson came to be expert on Pap's private life.

But Watson made the reasonable point that Sydney had lots of eligible young ladies too. Maybe Pap found that his pickup line about being in the Swans leadership group didn't work north of the Murray.
Apparently he's been dating this girl since before the draft.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Apparently he's been dating this girl since before the draft.
Yeah & I think it's real that he wants to come home. The discussion now may be in order to get a better deal while contracted because my gut feel is he won't finish his career with us.

Top Bottom