Player Watch #11 Tom Papley

Wolftone

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2012
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Sydney
The entire argument of getting a trade pick etc is redundant in my thinking because that trade pick could say up yours I'm outta here, I want a trade to whoever in X years time. If a guy who no one wanted, gets given his opportunity late from a club he has ties to through family and barracked for then what hope have we got, obviously not loyalty. Sorry Paps, your contracted next year, see you at pre season training. Show so ******* balls swans head honchos, otherwise contracts are a ******* joke.
I'm sure young Tom is, incredibly devoted to the Swans. It is, s**t media speculation stated by Barratt

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HirdsTheWord

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jun 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They can’t & won’t match. They are tight for space after signing Stringer, Shiel,Smith & struggled to hold Tippa & Zaharakis last year. They won’t match anything we are prepared to throw at him & freeing up space in the cap to keep others is what this whole Daniher to Swans possibility is about.
Daniher is on ~700k a year with us.

Depending what the swans offer him we would only have to find room for what another 250K - 300K? Things are not that tight with the bombers cap...

Would be interesting what you guys could/would actually offer him? If its anything in the realm of $1 mil we can match it, above that its probably a different story - but then theres a level of risk with his injuries etc. Definaltey a fun one to discuss!

wilsonmatic

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Daniher is on ~700k a year with us.

Depending what the swans offer him we would only have to find room for what another 250K - 300K? Things are not that tight with the bombers cap...

Would be interesting what you guys could/would actually offer him? If its anything in the realm of $1 mil we can match it, above that its probably a different story - but then theres a level of risk with his injuries etc. Definaltey a fun one to discuss!
You're in a Tom Papley thread matey!

mrjones

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2009
South East Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
You're in a Tom Papley thread matey!
Who has been linked with a potential Daniher trade. Regardless of whether there is any truth to both players moving, it seems a measured and well place post by HTW.
I would be surprised if Papley ended up at Carlton next year but if Sydney are serious about Daniher, it may be an option. Question is does the outcome make Sydney better because they hold all the cards unless Papley requests a trade.
Will be interesting to see if any of this comes close to playing out.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Who has been linked with a potential Daniher trade. Regardless of whether there is any truth to both players moving, it seems a measured and well place post by HTW.
I would be surprised if Papley ended up at Carlton next year but if Sydney are serious about Daniher, it may be an option. Question is does the outcome make Sydney better because they hold all the cards unless Papley requests a trade.
We have a draft thread , this one is for Papley . Thanks see you on the other thread.

robbieando

Oct 9, 2001
Spitting Bars
AFL Club
Sydney
Who has been linked with a potential Daniher trade.
We can trade for Daniher without the need to trade out Papley. It’s not a mutually exclusive trade. The only link Papley has with any potential Daniher trade is the belief that a) we want to keep a 1st Round Pick to use in the draft if we trade for Daniher and b) that we want to trade Tom.

We can keep Tom, still trade for Daniher and still get a 1st Round Pick via a trade that doesn’t involve trading Tom.

So yeah maybe this is the wrong thread

mrjones

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2009
South East Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
We can trade for Daniher without the need to trade out Papley. It’s not a mutually exclusive trade. The only link Papley has with any potential Daniher trade is the belief that a) we want to keep a 1st Round Pick to use in the draft if we trade for Daniher and b) that we want to trade Tom.

We can keep Tom, still trade for Daniher and still get a 1st Round Pick via a trade that doesn’t involve trading Tom.

So yeah maybe this is the wrong thread
Have posted the same in your trade hypotheticals thread.
Read the whole post, I’m not trolling just interested in discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom