Player Watch #11 Tom Papley - Telling it like it is

Remove this Banner Ad

idTAwFiA.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the go home factor wasn’t an issue when he re signed though Mick , things in life change from day to day

I bet B Hill wasn’t thinking of moving back to Melbourne either

Again, he hasn’t gone and just like Papley, is contracted. Just like Tim Kelly last year.

Of course we can hold him to it

Kelly is off this year though so what’s the point if only going to ask in 12 months
Inside info. Geelong and Kelly talks have been very productive. His Mrs has settled down and the club (I won’t say optimistic) are confident that he’ll be retained. In the case that he wishes to go back to WA, the destination club are going to have to offer far more than last year and Geelong won’t back away from that. This info was pre Lyon sacking too (about 2 weeks ago)!

Inside info. Geelong and Kelly talks have been very productive. His Mrs has settled down and the club (I won’t say optimistic) are confident that he’ll be retained. In the case that he wishes to go back to WA, the destination club are going to have to offer far more than last year and Geelong won’t back away from that. This info was pre Lyon sacking too (about 2 weeks ago)!
No sure why he is meeting with Freo and Wce then

Imo no inside info is that he will be in Western Australia next year

He doesn’t want to derail season so why say otherwise I guess

But that’s totally my opinion and your source is probably right

No sure why he is meeting with Freo and Wce then

Imo no inside info is that he will be in Western Australia next year

He doesn’t want to derail season so why say otherwise I guess

But that’s totally my opinion and your source is probably right
He used that week in WA to catch up with them. Geelong ok’d it

It'd be interesting to see where he sits on goal assists too, because I reckon it'd be quite high.

#1 at Swans. #6 in AFL for total, #18 for average (all min 5 games) with 0.91 per game.

Next best (average) is Parker 79th in AFL with 0.64 followed by Franklin 95th at 0.6.

Carton have pick 8 as it stands...

If Carlton recruit Paps and Coniglio they should make the 8 in 2020.
Agree we should keep him but if he really really wants to leave we might as well cash in while his stocks are high.

Tell Carton pick 8 or GAGF.

So which one is it, both players for pick 8 OR pick 8 for Papley and Coniglio goes for...ducked if I know!

So which one is it, both players for pick 8 OR pick 8 for Papley and Coniglio goes for...ducked if I know!
Coniglio is a RFA, Blues will make sure the contract means GWS will take the compo pick, could be as high as pick 12 if they lose first week against the Dogs. Would give GWS 10, 11, 12, first one burnt to match our bid on Green!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumford given away for pick 35 lmaoo
Mitchell pick 14 described by "Gerard Healy as one of the worst trades in the history of trading"
Membrey/Biggs both cbf looking up pick 40 or something
Newman pick 40's

WAKE UP ffs make a stand with Papley stop getting taken up the arse by clubs who are trying to bring us down.

Could Papley win the Skilton? His ability to hit the scoreboard and his high number of goal assists has been quite impressive.

Rumours have been going around on this one for a while (Believe they actually started on Bigfooty as well).

But his contracted for next year (And not even a free agent in 2020).

I would be putting my money on him staying personally, not worried in the slightest.
The bloke that started those rumours is Damien Barratt. He also started the rumour Parker would be leaving. Barratt hates the Swans. He hardly ever says anything positive about us. Mind you he hardly ever has anything positive to say at all. It is all sniping as far as I can see.

Paps will be at Swans in 5 years. We are building for a premiership and all the current players are onboard

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

The bloke that started those rumours is Damien Barratt. He also started the rumour Parker would be leaving. Barratt hates the Swans. He hardly ever says anything positive about us. Mind you he hardly ever has anything positive to say at all. It is all sniping as far as I can see.

Paps will be at Swans in 5 years. We are building for a premiership and all the current players are onboard

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

hope so

but how do you know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back