Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Jye Caldwell & Georgia Clarke
11 - snelling.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2023 (previously delisted)
My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited:

Highly Evolved

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Even if Perkins isn't ready, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Tom Hird a run to see what we have got there.

Snelling seems professional enough not to drop his head if he is relegated to the VFL to get a bit of touch back,

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Had the most tackles on the ground with 8, and more involved than previous weeks with 20 possessions against the Pies, but did cough it up at times and is a still a fair way off his 2021 form.

cobra land

All Australian
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Have been saying from day one, I like him in the team and he works hard but he needs to kick the ball more.
His first intention with the ball is always to handball, blew a few certain goals yesterday taking the wrong option by hand.
But he's best 22 everyday of the week.

andleanback

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Clearly had the job on Daicos after QTR time and did well.

Skills are shaky but he should stay in due to pressure.
His work on Daicos not allowing him to run behind the mark and get the cheapy was so good. First time anyone this year has done that to him.

andleanback

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Spot on. It was driving me insane in the first quarter when we continually let him have easy possessions.
Yep you take away 10 easy kick for Daicos if you do that all game, he runs around at every opportunity I was watching his running patterns closely yesterday.

crackers65

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
The whole s&c department needs to go. Literally we have a soft tissue injury every week.
I hope the review has put the blowtorch on the fitness and medical departments. Can it be put down to bad luck or bad management. It doesn’t matter who is coaching, if we have as many injuries as this year we won’t be going anywhere.

andleanback

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I hope the review has put the blowtorch on the fitness and medical departments. Can it be put down to bad luck or bad management. It doesn’t matter who is coaching, if we have as many injuries as this year we won’t be going anywhere.
Too many injuries to be bad luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I really hope he has a good preseason as he was so valuable to our team structure in 2021 as well as providing that forward pressure and he hit the scoreboard in ~45% of games. This year he just hasn't gotten going, his pressure hasn't been to the same level, his skills have fallen off a cliff and he hasn't hit the scoreboard at all (not even a behind).

He's young enough to easily recapture his 2021 form, it just depends on how sound his body is. If he has an interrupted 2022/23 preseason and heading into the H&A season I'd be all for him playing VFL to get fitness and form up to the required level before playing seniors, not the almost default selection that seemed to occur this year.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Forward Will Snelling has been ruled out of Essendon’s clash with Port Adelaide after suffering a low-end hamstring strain.

Snelling presented with ‘awareness’ in his hamstring post round 21, with scans revealing the 25-year-old had suffered a strain.

Head of high performance Sean Murphy said there's still a possibility for Snelling to return to the Dons lineup for round 23.

“Snelling’s unfortunately got a low-grade hamstring strain,” Murphy told Essendon FC’s Liberty Financial Performance Update.

“He got through the game no issues and then presented the day after with a bit of awareness, and unfortunately on scanning (the hamstring) it showed the low-grade strain.

“He’ll miss this week and we’ll test it the following week.”

What's the point of bringing him back for one game when we're in the bottom 6? Seriously

crackers65

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh well.. the people calling for him to be dropped for the last 3 weeks might be happy now?
called for him to be dropped because he didn’t deserve his place in the team. Form should always determine your selection. He didn’t have any.

Beerfish

Moderater
Jan 20, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Nic Martin
called for him to be dropped because he didn’t deserve his place in the team. Form should always determine your selection. He didn’t have any.
So you're not happy he's out of the team?

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Should be one of the favourites for the VFL best and fairest right now.

Very likeable guy and great role player but for us to improve we need Perkins, Tsatas even Guelfi, Davey Jnr passing him.
Perkins and Tsatas aren't close to the discussion. Both are midfielders long term.

He's more skilful than Guelfi by foot and a better shot for goal. Aside from that they're pretty much the same player. Don't really see why one needs to be better than the other.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Perkins and Tsatas aren't close to the discussion. Both are midfielders long term.

He's more skilful than Guelfi by foot and a better shot for goal. Aside from that they're pretty much the same player. Don't really see why one needs to be better than the other.

absolutely both are mids long term but if we are to improve, we cannot carry so many role players we do. Snelling should be in the 2's come round 1 next year.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
best 22 at AFL level mate

As is Snelling.

Snelling actually plays his role quite well. Covers territory and applies pressure.

Gulfi makes one of those superman smothers for every 3 time he can get close enough to try.

God we can relegate that dud to the VFL...

Remove this Banner Ad