Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm enjoying listening to McClure squirm when they call him out on his crap stories, today was one of the worst segments ever on SEN.

First time long time lads!
Based in Perth, I'm warming to the new brekky show, and the change in approach to McClure has been interesting. After a week, they changed the stinger from "Melbourne's best news breaker" to simply "Latest with the news, Sam McClure". Lyon in particular isn't afraid to pull McClure up on some of his opinions, and it appears McClure's held to account a lot better than he was at 3AW.

Regardless of his personal life, Lyon is head and shoulders above the industry as an analyst, and the footy talk in particular is fantastic. Overall it's an improvement (and Leach is much better suited to his own show), but it can be a crowded studio. IMO McLachlan is superfluous to requirements, and the rapport between Lyon and Watson is diminished by McLachlan's presence

On 3AW last year for some reason he was on during some of the match coverage (Think he was boundary rider? Can't remember 100%, it was on Sunday games) and he was making analyst comments. How about you shut the * up you twerp and let the guys paid to analyze the game do so? McClure couldn't get a kick in a stampede ffs

Is there any chance we can get a serious football discussion program in Melbourne between 9:00am and midday instead of listening to that fool Bartlett?

There are some great football people who could fill that spot with genuine football discussion about today's game instead of the constant whining for footy as it existed in the 1960's

Secret sound is really odd for a sports station to use and why are radio stations still living in the 90s
If F##ing Ox, and F##ing punce Marco, introduce Andy as "Andy from Reservwar" one more time, instead of "Reservoor".

In the word of Terry Wallace, "I'll spew up.." Get it right you plebs.

Is anyone else listening to "AFL nation" and getting an urge to punch themselves repeatedly in the face? It's god aweful. How the f do they find these people?

I would enjoy being this guy more than the last 10 minutes of commentary....

image.jpeg

Is anyone else listening to "AFL nation" and getting an urge to punch themselves repeatedly in the face? It's god aweful. How the f do they find these people?

I would enjoy being this guy more than the last 10 minutes of commentary....

View attachment 342114

whats afl nation

The thing with AFL nation is to make the deal work they have to produce it dirt cheap. It wouldn't surprise me if they even call off a TV in a studio at times. It has to be cheaper than what 3AW and SEN can do themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, was about to post about this too.

Makes a huge deal about what a calamity it would be if the AFL & AFLPA don't reach an agreement by Round 1. Hamish asks him why that's such an important deadline and McClure basically has nothing in response and becomes a big sook.
ha, yes, it sounds like he's about to chuck a hissy some times, unless it's just put on for 'showbiz' controversy.

Someone needs to turn up dirty Garry's mike volume or ask him to talk properly and stop mumbling.
This reminds me: the different levels on their podcasts is annoying. Lyon is even quieter on there. Hamish is twice as loud on the podcasts, and sound bites they play are twice was loud again, so they blow ya eardrums if you're listening with headphones.

Last edited:
This reminds me: the different levels their podcasts is annoying. Lyon is even quieter. Hamish is twice as loud on the podcasts, and sound bites they play are twice was loud again, so they blow ya eardrums if you're listening with headphones.
Well may that explains it then, I only listen to the podcasts :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back