Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, Denham.

Basically, 'I know it all and what I say is always right and even when I'm not right, I'm still right, OK?'.

He's been called out so many times it's not funny. Would get more logic from a drunk at the pub.
But still less logic than Slobbo.

And that is saying something.

Tuned in today for the first time to the brekkie show around 6.15am. They took an ad break which included a traffic report and there were 13 ads in it - including two in the traffic report. 13 in a 5 minute break. Plus another sponsor mention when they came back from the break.

It's unlistenable.

Credit to SEN for one thing.
They have banished the greatest ever numb nuts, know nothing in their history.
Andrew Gaze.
Ok he knows basket ball.

But knows nothing else. He isn't blessed with a good speaking voice either.
Not much going for him.

Comes across as totally dumb, in everything but basket ball. He's just so empty, of any original thought, about anything.

Might be a nice guy, who knows, but has a dumb moron laugh. he should thank his lucky starts he was good at basketball.

Because when he fell down the knowledge tree he missed every single branch and twig. And fell on his head for good measure.

The total numb nuts.

Last edited:
They have banished the greatest ever numb nuts, kno Pe nothing in their history.
Andrew Gaze.
Ok he knows basket ball.

Not much going for him.

Comes across as totally dumb, in everything but basket ball. He's just so empty, of any original thought, about anything.

Might be a nice guy, who knows, but has a dumb moron laugh. he should thank his lucky starts he was good at basketball.

Because when he fell down the knowledge tree he missed every single branch and twig. And fell on his head for good measure.

The total numb nuts.

The irony is the breakfast show with Gaze on it rated higher than the current one.

Yet, SEN is an all day sports station.
That's kind of terrific, long may it reign

They should get Rohan Connelly in next year, obvious AFL knowledge and a good understanding of sports outside of AFL. AFL is no doubt their bread and butter but during the off season it is truly terrible radio. The same shows covering the same issue over and over again (this happens during the season as well). There's a lot of footy fans out there that love sports outside of AFL and I think they're forgetting that.

Yet, SEN is an all day sports station.
That's kind of terrific, long may it reign

Gosh this post resonates with me.

I absolutely understand people wanting it to be the best that it can be.

But the mindless, repetitive bashing is just that - mindless and repetitive.

Despite people's accusations that SEN is too AFL-centric and is an AFL mouthpiece, I'm sure many of you would be the first to complain if the station ceased to exist. I think the AFL, sporting, radio and Melbourne landscapes would all be much the poorer if that were to happen.

Gosh this post resonates with me.

I absolutely understand people wanting it to be the best that it can be.

But the mindless, repetitive bashing is just that - mindless and repetitive.

Despite people's accusations that SEN is too AFL-centric and is an AFL mouthpiece, I'm sure many of you would be the first to complain if the station ceased to exist. I think the AFL, sporting, radio and Melbourne landscapes would all be much the poorer if that were to happen.
Basically it's all I listen too.
Yes, I don't like some of them eg Robbo.
But we'd be far poorer without it.

It's a good friend driving, a good friend at night or if you wake early etc etc etc

They have banished the greatest ever numb nuts, kno Pe nothing in their history.
Andrew Gaze.
Ok he knows basket ball.

Not much going for him.

The total numb nuts.
Tell us what you really think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here come "The players view" with arguably the dumbest sounding bloke trying to sound clever that God put breath into.
One of the worst segments of the week on any slot is Adam Treloar fumbling his way around a conversation pretending he has a clue.

If that's the case I would be pissed off if I were KB. Are Sen management doing their job correctly? What does McClure add for that sort of pay packet?

I'm convinced that KB loves his job that much that he would do it for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McClure may be a smarmy self satisfied knob who likely wouldn't know his arse from his elbow - but he is a natural media performer. Has slotted into Talking Footy well and has a strong and professional presence on an ego ridden panel.

For a young bloke he has an excellent natural radio voice that doesn't seem put on (like say Shane McGuiness). It also seems he gets stories.

McClure appeals to a much broader demographic than KB.

I prefer KB who is a genuinely funny man, but he is an acquired taste and can be repetitive. He isn't going anywhere as no other media organisation would likely want him or pay him much (Marngrook is surely gratis).

I could see a station like SEN paying top dollar for a young 'talent' like McClure while paying stuff all for KB.

Commercial realities suck sometimes.

Amusing how every Monday an opinion Garry Lyon makes on the SEN Monday breakfast show (this week it’s on Wells and Collingwood) suddenly pops up everywhere on News Ltd websites as some major discussion point. Is that the trade-off for them having to do their Monday show from AFL House?

Fwiw and to try not to be constantly negative about SEN, the Monday morning footy discussion segment from 7:25am or so when Mike Sheahan joins them is usually good listening; I always try to catch it when I’m travelling to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back