Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look on the 4th Estate page and couldn't see anything on the man...which staggers me.

I find him borderline unlistenable. Maybe it's just a case of someone grinding your gears, but the guy kills me.

His game day commentary is ludicrous. His attempts to inject excitement into a radio broadcast usually involves completely humourless over the top screaming and hyperbole which generally has me looking for any other broadcaster covering the game. It's pathetic.

Then after a hard day at work, I get in the car to hear his unique blend of completely made up rumours, non-insight, and cries of "yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when someone wins The Name Game.

The biggest issue above all though is that it doesn't seem like he's aware of his irrelevance and lack of anything decent to say.

It can't be just me.

Last edited:
Had a look on the 4th Estate page and couldn't see anything on the man...which staggers me.

I find him borderline unlistenable. Maybe it's just a case of someone grinding your gears, but the guy kills me.

His game day commentary is ludicrous. His attempts to inject excitement into a radio broadcast usually involves completely humourless over the top screaming and hyperbole which generally has me looking for any other broadcaster covering the game. It's pathetic.

Then after a hard day at work, I get in the car to hear his unique blend of completely made up rumours, non-insight, and cries of "yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" when someone wins The Name Game.

The biggest issue above all though is that it doesn't seem like he's aware of his irrelevance and lack of anything decent to say.

It can't be just me.

There were a million Ox threads back in 2007 when he burst onto 7 somehow as the special comments man with Bruce and Dennis

Also, buffoonery is a word...

Yeah, agree. Listened to it the other week and it was just disappointingly superficial. Fine & Connolly on Footyology vastly more interesting to listen to.

Don’t really rate Cooney at all from when I’ve listened to him. Seems to think that being a recently retired player is enough to get by in terms of providing insight; certainly isn’t shy from promoting his connections to the Bulldogs as soon as his superannuation trip at Essendon ended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny saying he should be on 3AW though, he'd blow a gasket at the thought. He was quite the alternative type in his younger days, although he has become very conservative on some issues now (although he probably wouldn't acknowledge it).

Tends to happen to people who come from multi-millionaire stock that try and play the bohemian role in their youth.

For good or just for the year ?

I actually like the show when it's just Tim and Gaz.

For good. Saying how next year he has Commonwealth games, Winter Olympics for Ch7 and therefore can't commit to breakfast.

Although he would have known these games were going to be on when he signed up. Pushed out I think

For good. Saying how next year he has Commonwealth games, Winter Olympics for Ch7 and therefore can't commit to breakfast.

Although he would have known these games were going to be on when he signed up. Pushed out I think

always potential other reasons for a departure. could well be, and using the games and olympics as an excuse.

why he is there as a host has been a question that everyone has mused. yes hes polished as a host, but something not quite right. some also cast doubt when watson left during the "drugs scandal" due to time commitments with ch 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back