Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

The title is a complete insult to a great broadcaster.

Totally against the grain of the OP but i think for those of us who actually tuned in and paid attention to the drive shows, it was a great show and actually i loved tuning in, it was so zen and interesting.

I actually think Schwarz and Allen had become great as broadcaster's and he has been on every single year for a long time, i will miss him, he had become very witty and i loved his relaxed nature as well. I am disappointed that he was let go in that way. One of the great things about his style was his relaxed and open approach to guests and callers, it allowed for great free-flowing conversation and you do not get that on a lot of other stations, on other stations you get way too much ego and hosts cut callers off if it's not their opinion.
Schwarz was the opposite, he welcomed everyone and lots of view points. Just awesome in his approach and style.

You would switch on SEN in the afternoon and it was great fitness coaches, health experts, interesting topics, philosophy, science, assistant coaches and players as guests and they would have these amazing conversations and go into depths that you just don't get on other radio stations...

They had tapped into this Zen form of interesting radio that i loved and that was just so unique and free.

For him to be walked out of the door like that, just so wrong.

Last edited:

'Happy birthday Ox' - if you ring up and say that you should be shot point blank
I've always loved that ongoing joke.
Or when people call up and open with "Happy Collingwood day"

Again not too sure what thats about

Whether you liked them or not, the method of their dismissal was disrespectful. They were long-term employees who to my knowledge had served their employers well. They deserved better.

That they do deserve better, oath!

Ox and Marco (or going back further Half and Marco) are the only reason i listented to SEN.

That they were the heart and soul of the station, were great to work with, will be sorely missed. Thanked them on behalf of listeners.

I came here to post the same sentiments, as posted in the M&E SEN thread:

This morning maher said some kind words about ox and marko. Described them as being a key part of the station from practically day dot. He was genuine in his words, and was heartfelt. Gonna post this in the 4th estate SEN thread too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone listening overnight? Whoever was on was justifying it on the basis of it being just what happens in radio and if you get a change in management there will always be changes in staff. Cited the example of Jo and Lehmo also being sacked from breakfast on Gold104. Everything he said was true but it just felt like he was a Hutchy mouthpiece (although to be fair, I didn’t hear what prompted him to talk about it so it may have been listener driven) . He did say he expected Ox will be back on radio soon, maybe on KRock.

Which is the point of drive-time radio. Otherwise we'd all get out of our cars and kill each other.

Ox and Marko made perfect light hearted radio for a drive home when you're trying not to jump out the window and murder someone in gridlock, fingers crossed they resurface at RSN.

Wow Carlton supporters with anger issues. The worlds a better place with Ox and Allen gone.

Robbo will stay.
Keep your friends close
And your enemies closer

I think it's more as long as he keeps the Hun chief writer title, he keeps everything else,

Contractual. News insist on having their footy chief spreading their brand on the other platforms. Whoever is Hun chief footy writer is guaranteed all the other gigs.

Its a wonder they have lasted this long. I hope KB goes too, I can't imagine the rubbish he would've been spewing these past 2 months and there's no way I'll tune in to find out

When I first tuned into SEN, maybe in the early-mid 2000s, they seemed to have some very good and knowledgeable people on air, but they seemed to get the shove and the dickheads remained. Didn't take me long to ween off SEN, haven't listed to it in years. I will never forget Mark Allen talking about Test cricket, and it was clear he had no idea what he was talking about. A listener called up and accused him of this, to which his response was, "I know all about cricket, I played under 14s cricket at school". That's like me saying I know all about golf because I'd played miniature golf. Don't like arrogance either, and Mark Allen has it in abundance.

I think it's more as long as he keeps the Hun chief writer title, he keeps everything else,

Contractual. News insist on having their footy chief spreading their brand on the other platforms. Whoever is Hun chief footy writer is guaranteed all the other gigs.
That means Ralph will probably stay on. I hope Hutchy hates David King.

He is lucky that he is paired with an even more unlikeable person in Mark Allen. I've never understood the concept of that show show they do together, it just sounds like a mess.

The drive shift needs a complete overhaul. The Soapbox would have to be up there with one of the worst segments on radio. So bloody cringeworthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back