Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather cut my ears off than listen to Francis Leach in the afternoon.
I'm with ya buddy. Knob jockey of the highest order. Looks like I'll be switching to RSN

Decided to tune into RSN this morning to see what it's like. I realize it's the summer program and all but have to say I didn't mind it.

Although I s**t you not the first voice I heard was Andy Maher . They were interviewing him for his longest day golf charity day they are doing today.

Have they announced Harfs new sidekick on RSN yet? Would love if it was Richo but can't see it happening.

Mark Fine has just waffled on for 5 minutes what an equal opportunity employer SEN was, and that they did not discriminate etc etc. Good for you Finey. Now tell me how many female broadcasters does SEN employ? Any wonder he does the night shift.

Decided to tune into RSN this morning to see what it's like. I realize it's the summer program and all but have to say I didn't mind it.

Although I s**t you not the first voice I heard was Andy Maher . They were interviewing him for his longest day golf charity day they are doing today.

Have they announced Harfs new sidekick on RSN yet? Would love if it was Richo but can't see it happening.
What, he actually did that, then go commentate the bbl?

Refreshing to see no women on the team, I have to say. These days it's getting harder and harder to exclude women from things with equal rights and whatnot, so it's nice to see that it can still be done. In fact, I can go a whole day listening to SEN and not hear a single female voice. That's a credit to how hard the football media works to keep it a female-free zone. Kudos, Sausage... I mean Sports Entertainment Network radio.

If it makes you feel better I have it on good info that the SEN mgt directed the voice you hear on ads to the shows ie your listening to and some of the ads for shows to be a womans voice .. thats not by chance sort of token way to baalnce what you are saying up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispi pulled together the whole coaching group at Essendon. Before Knights was sacked Whispie pulled all of the guys together and offered them the job.
Hird- Thompson and the extended fitness family inc Dank.
Watch out for Kane Cornes in the coming years. Will end up at Foxtell

Question - Did K.Cormes ever join the Fire Brigade after his retirement or was it a stunt ?

At first I thought the promo ad was pure sattire... Watson, Lyon & Mclachlan with godfather Sheahan and "everyone's favourite captain" Bob Murphy...just needed Eddie to pop in on Fridays for a Collingwood half hour and have Dwayne Russell do the weather.
How long before Robinson gets Hird onto the network. They can then use the network to re-write history about Hird's coaching tenure. Robbo still believes he did nothing wrong. Must be so comforting for the players wondering what cocktail of drugs Dr Frankenstein injected them.

How long before Robinson gets Hird onto the network. They can then use the network to re-write history about Hird's coaching tenure. Robbo still believes he did nothing wrong. Must be so comforting for the players wondering what cocktail of drugs Dr Frankenstein injected them.
Ha. There's definitely some Essendon influence at the station, with Slobbo, Connolly, Lucas and Watson. Have I missed anyone?

Take out Kelli Underwood and put in Christi Malthouse.

Shalala, Edwards and Spillane I've not heard of but Neroli Meadows and Sam Lane are good.

Away from Football there are Johanna Griggs, Giaan Rooney and Nicole Livingstone who are good and, in the case of Livingstone, fantastic.

Internationally, Sam Smith and Tracy Austin are quality too.

Only one worse than Underwood I've ever found in all sports is Rennae Stubbs.

In 1999 Beverley O'Connor did a solid job of hosting ABC Grandstand on Saturdays when the VFL coverage was actually meritorious.

Of the snippets I watch Rugby League Yvonne Sampson is a good host while my favourite, albeit, very biased as she's an Essendon fan, is Sarah Jones.
Red if i can suggest Debbie Spillane is terrific in rugby league. One of those commentators who really knows their stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back