Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

How quickly we forget our favourite “Douche Bank” Sen news stuff ups
Ah...I've been meaning to say that I haven't heard Anthony “Douche Bank” Laughton for ages. It looks like he's out of radio. Perhaps someone finally made him realise that he's s**t at it. :D Then again, maybe radio newsreaders don't get massive money, and he's got a better-paying gig

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonylaughton/

Anthony Laughton, Media Officer at Public Transport Victoria

Last edited:
Are you talking about dropouts on the analogue signal? If so, they said they had issues the other day, but I heard no problems on digital
I guess that's it. Today i jumped in the car and they were playing Hanson's MMMBop which dropped out to another song then came back on to Hanson (trust me I pulled over and took a deep breath and looked at the display, it was definitely 1116AM), I switched over stations after that. Had issues all week, starting to think someone is f'ing with me! Bloody Hutchy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you in Victoria? I do a lot of country driving heading north west, and I lose SEN as soon as I get to Ballarat area. It's so staticky I have to turn it off.
Metro Melbourne, I do head down towards Wilsons Prom a bit and experience the same thing

Can we please refrain from using names like rat, crooked or anything else to describe people. I’m sick of having to waste my time deleting posts on this matter after asking multiple times for it not to happen. Thanks.

? I'm talking about this morning

Just had a listen back Bedford (through a radio monitoring site) and the 9am bulletin on SEN was 100% out of Sydney.

They took the Macquarie National News feed, which is a 3 minute bulletin produced out of Sydney. 2GB's Emily O'Brien was the newsreader.

The way you can tell if SEN are taking news from 3AW Melbourne or 2GB's Macquarie National News (both the same company I might add) is when airing the 3AW news, you'll hear the newsreader mention the current Melbourne temperature first and the bulletin goes for about 4 and a half minutes.

The National News feed starts with "I'm...." and only goes for 3 mins.

Just had a listen back Bedford (through a radio monitoring site) and the 9am bulletin on SEN was 100% out of Sydney.

They took the Macquarie National News feed, which is a 3 minute bulletin produced out of Sydney. 2GB's Emily O'Brien was the newsreader.

The way you can tell if SEN are taking news from 3AW Melbourne or 2GB's Macquarie National News (both the same company I might add) is when airing the 3AW news, you'll hear the newsreader mention the current Melbourne temperature first and the bulletin goes for about 4 and a half minutes.

I could always tell because one they play the little "SEN sport" thing but the other one they don't.

They also normally start each bulletin with something like "Macqaurie National News". Think Macquarie still has a minor share in Croc Media. So SEN is likely to continue with what is a s**t news service that often inserts 3AW into the bulletins.

But why does it matter? You haven't said anything about why it matters.

Because it makes him sound like a complete dork, that's why. Only 14 year old girls and men that still live with parents use the 'put together the first two letters of their given and surname' nickname.

Thank **** Emily Angwin no longer reads news and no longer have to hear the bad awkward banter with Lyon and Watson.
And bloody Brigitte Duclos and her pack-a-day voice.

You know what? On the nfl thread some time ago, I referred to a post of TGBB that I was considering liking. But because it was TGBB, I didn't. Then he took a swipe at Bill Woods. I was considering liking that post, but didn't. Then the thread progressed so far, that I couldn't be bothered looking for said post knocking Bill Woods.

Well. I'm going to like this post because Duclos' presence is a s**t stain on Australian radio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back