Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Off the bench needs to be retired. I loved listening to it 6-10 years ago in the car between sporting duties.....hadn’t listened for a while and tuned in Saturday, man it stinks.
That third person segment has now just turned to unfunny ripe poo.

On another note - Malcom Blight would be up there with most overexposed regular guest. Does not really have much meaningful to add to any discussion. I would take Spud over him any day.

I like OTB but like little things that grow into big things it gets stale. Humans are biologically predisposed to look for something new and shiny. The third person segment was hilarious when media-ites only did the 3rd person reference occasionally. Now its mainstream as they use it as a source of humour to get laughs from the listeners. Have a listen to MMM for example, it is now a badge of honour to talk about themselves.

I like OTB but like little things that grow into big things it gets stale. Humans are biologically predisposed to look for something new and shiny. The third person segment was hilarious when media-ites only did the 3rd person reference occasionally. Now its mainstream as they use it as a source of humour to get laughs from the listeners. Have a listen to MMM for example, it is now a badge of honour to talk about themselves.

The third person gag is as old as the hills. It was hilarious when the coudabeen champions first did it thirty years ago.
The plagiarised OTB version is unfunny and flogged to death.

The third person gag is as old as the hills. It was hilarious when the coudabeen champions first did it thirty years ago.
The plagiarised OTB version is unfunny and flogged to death.

Dare I say it - but I think Dr Turf also makes OTB.

Just Hutchy and Pickers is also unfunny, because overall they both are.

Do need new segments though.....third is now really selected mates/SEN personalities not really even talking about themselves in the third person. Dial it back to monthly with some content accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does anyone else out there struggle to hear gary lyon?
maybe its his tone or pitch (yanny v laurel!)
but when i listen to podcasts I can clearly hear everyone except him - volume is fine.

He muffles and mumbles his way through. I also can't understand him. Does not have a good voice for radio.

Does anyone else reckon that having both Whately and Huddo on air together is like seeing a band with 2 frontmen?

Yeah, always thought that pairing was going to be odd.

Commentary teams need light and shade with their callers. For example, with Rex Hunt, you always had either Clinton, Huddo or Shane Healy to offer balance. Likewise, BT seems better on-air when balanced with a caller like Jason Bennett.

Daisy is a token gesture.

Not sure other than being female in what she actually adds tbh

She may have been appointed as a token gesture (I hope not) but she has proved to be quite good. Much better than Kate Sheahan who must have been a token gesture as she adds nothing.

The advertisements on this station (among others) is just way too much. I don't understand how people can enjoy content when they are bombarded with so many verbal product placements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back