Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Whateley and Donegan work really well together as a call team.
Whilst we get the absurdly inept, hyperbolic, shambolic game day commentary of dwayne russell and basil zempilas on tv, a professional with class, timing, knowledge and nuance in donergan, has no TV gig. Absurd.

Nobody gives a s**t. It's not interview worthy. It reminds me of when Bryan Martin was similarly interviewing random horse racing personalities from overseas that weren't Frankie Dettori or Francesca Cumani. They're completely irrelevant. There's a guy at my local cricket club who's taken 88 wickets. Maybe Pete should interview him as well?

Imagine such a bad hour that you switch to Bill Woods and Bridget Duclos???

Urgh...

What are grizzly person you are ! Loved the Sporting Life series and especially the interview with Ray Carroll - An absolute legend of school footy and it's your loss if you don't know about Carroll.

There is no SEN voiceover girl mate. Maybe you're thinking of a newsreader from Macquarie Radio?
Mate, she kills me with the traffic report. "there's been a prang in Preston, another prang in Melton, and also a prang in Richmond, and reports of a prang in Hawthorn, but that might not be true, so we'll get our prang ream onto it and report back with any more prang activity. Prang you later in the next prang bulletin". :mad: I try to turn off before I hear her these days.

What are grizzly person you are ! Loved the Sporting Life series and especially the interview with Ray Carroll - An absolute legend of school footy and it's your loss if you don't know about Carroll.
You'd have to trawl through every prominent personality in every notable sport in Australia before even thinking giving a s**t about a high school football coach. No wonder there's criticism of insularity in Melbourne and football.

Pretty rough to say it's the posters loss if he doesn't know him. I'm sure there's plenty of people who dont know who he is.

Watson and Lyon good again today. As i said they've improved a lot.

Their fox vs ch 7 schtick is interesting. Light hearted. But when lyon brought up foxtels 4K today he clearly didnt do his research or understand it enough. Caller called and said it's only available to certain households that have the appropriate amenities (satellite) and in certain dwellings. Lyon shrugged it off and giggled.

A more in depth discussion was had on macquarie sports radio, matt thompson interviewed a tech expert about requirements.

btw remember on bigfooty years ago matt thompsons nickname was "Hysteria". hahahaa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time I hear Melbourne United mentioned I subconsciously think soccer first before it clicks that it’s basketball.

I miss the old SEN with Milney and Zanners and what number Bruce Duperouzel wore for St Kilda and Footscray and Sam from Fitzroy calling in with updates on Fitzroy reunions and correcting the pronunciations of Italian words.

Pretty rough to say it's the posters loss if he doesn't know him. I'm sure there's plenty of people who dont know who he is.

You would expect that someone on a fan footy forum would have heard about Ray Carroll - He is often mentioned in the media - Too many people on these forums suffer from myopia.

Pleasing to see SEN has dropped the pile of dogshit Macquarie served up under the pretense of news.

Everything old is new again. Remember them shutting down the SEN newsroom years ago.

I really am going to miss hearing about petty crimes in the suburbs of Brisbane though.....when I was travelling a bit last year for work there were days I was in Melbourne where I had to think twice based on the news I was listening to!

Now for their next trick, they just need to traffic folks and Kane Cornes to pronounce suburbs like.....Berwick correctly o_O

Last edited:
Everything old is new again. Remember them shutting down the SEN newsroom years ago.

I really am going to miss hearing about petty crimes in the suburbs of Brisbane though.....when I was travelling a bit last year for work there were days I was in Melbourne where I had to think twice based on the news I was listening to!

Now for their next trick, they just need to traffic folks and Kane Cornes to pronounce suburbs like.....Berwick correctly o_O
And NorthCOAT

Mate, she kills me with the traffic report. "there's been a prang in Preston, another prang in Melton, and also a prang in Richmond, and reports of a prang in Hawthorn, but that might not be true, so we'll get our prang ream onto it and report back with any more prang activity. Prang you later in the next prang bulletin". :mad: I try to turn off before I hear her these days.

Never really noticed how they say prang all the time until I read this. Now it is all I hear.
Thanks! o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back