Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t noticed him be any better or worse about that than any other sport.

I think it is just his phrasing that annoys me, but is there any sport that he is not fully invested and a team he has loved since day dot? “We who love the Pats, those of us who bleed blue, my RedSox” etc, etc. it becomes a vicious (and never ending verbally) cycle with him of spouting his love for a team, then either pre-empting or fending off criticism.

Outside of AFL, nobody cares mate, especially the guests you interview from those sports.

Anyone who wasn't born and bred in Massachusetts who says 'my Red Sox' is a card-carrying flog.

So I was in the car a couple of weekends ago, mindful that the women's T20 World cup final was on with the Southern Stars competing.

I'll admit I'm not a massive follower of women's cricket, but this was a significant enough event for me to be keen to at least get updated on what's happening. A ball by ball call probs to much too ask.

SEN, a dedicated Sports Radio station, would surely be across it and give updates?

Wrong. Heard nothing about it at all. Instead was subjected to Campbell Brown regaling me with the story of how he got drafted. Nobody cares mate.

SEN has become lazy and boring.

So I was in the car a couple of weekends ago, mindful that the women's T20 World cup final was on with the Southern Stars competing.

I'll admit I'm not a massive follower of women's cricket, but this was a significant enough event for me to be keen to at least get updated on what's happening. A ball by ball call probs to much too ask.

SEN, a dedicated Sports Radio station, would surely be across it and give updates?

Wrong. Heard nothing about it at all. Instead was subjected to Campbell Brown regaling me with the story of how he got drafted. Nobody cares mate.

The getting drafted story is at least more interesting than the behaving like a peanut overseas stories. He is overexposed.

I got shot down by Nick's comeback a week or so back on this thread when I had a crack at him (if he went back and defended every criticism in this thread that vehemently he would be here a while with a high post count!) , but you pretty much know what you are going to get from ex-football media "personalities" in the off-season, so it is buyer beware......plenty else out there to listen to at this time of year, except womens cricket in a world cup final of course o_O

The getting drafted story is at least more interesting than the behaving like a peanut overseas stories. He is overexposed.

I got shot down by Nick's comeback a week or so back on this thread when I had a crack at him (if he went back and defended every criticism in this thread that vehemently he would be here a while with a high post count!) , but you pretty much know what you are going to get from ex-football media "personalities" in the off-season, so it is buyer beware......plenty else out there to listen to at this time of year, except womens cricket in a world cup final of course o_O

True.

Look this morning between 7-9 (of what i heard) it was dal santo and footy. Although Im sure there was some cricket or other sports in there (not much but still there). RSN had a lot of cricket talk with trent copeland featuring, and a former politics journo now calling/producing cricket.

I heard nothing but updates.

I heard nothing but updates.

....about who won the Golden Schnitz award in his daydream.

Pretty sure those kids are either from a second marriage (midlife crisis, younger woman who wanted kids), or the mistress on the side. For a bloke who sounds pretty old, his sons do not sound even close to middle aged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha: Sam Edmond and Dal Santo interview Usman Khawaja yesterday morning. They started on a "light" note by asking him if he's got his Christmas tree yet. Usman replied with something like: "ah, yes, but I don't actually celebrate Christmas, but my wife does, so I think this will be my first Christmas in my life. There are always compromises in marriages, *half-chuckle*"

As far as I know, the great majority of Muslims don't do Christmans. Ooops. :D He didn't sound annoyed or nothin

Ha: Sam Edmond and Dal Santo interview Usman Khawaja yesterday morning. They started on a "light" note by asking him if he's got his Christmas tree yet. Usman replied with something like: "ah, yes, but I don't actually celebrate Christmas, but my wife does, so I think this will be my first Christmas in my life. There are always compromises in marriages, *half-chuckle*"

As far as I know, the great majority of Muslims don't do Christmans. Ooops. :D He didn't sound annoyed or nothin

oh no

It’s a harmless question. There’s probably plenty of families who aren’t religious but do the tree thing and there’s probably plenty of people who celebrate Christmas with no tree.

The more concerning thing is buying a tree to early.

Flicked over to SEN in the car this morning only to hear Bob Murphy talking about his house renovations, does anyone really want to know about this sort of stuff? Kept moving along the dial.
Was there any Bobservations?

After all he is a premiership captain. It’s true he got a medal.

Should call his segments bobserboring

So it was two blokes comparing their decks.....
Both quite small decks, Gerard particularly small and when it rains it shrinks even more.

Maher said he was going to interview Brianna Davey. Because he's such a women's sport suck, and that Mel Jones was going to be on later, I switched straight to Macquarie. Normally I listen to him instead of James Willis. But Maher crapping on about women's sport puts me off bothering to care about any development. He could've interviewed Mika Hakkinen without me knowing for all I care, I didn't switch back for 3-4 hours.

Maher said he was going to interview Brianna Davey. Because he's such a women's sport suck, and that Mel Jones was going to be on later, I switched straight to Macquarie. Normally I listen to him instead of James Willis. But Maher crapping on about women's sport puts me off bothering to care about any development. He could've interviewed Mika Hakkinen without me knowing for all I care, I didn't switch back for 3-4 hours.

Is she AFLW or women’s cricket dodgy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back