Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone find it interesting that when SEN started lyon was part of a breakfast show threesome? That featured billy brownless.
Yep. Was probably last time I regularly tuned into any morning show on radio.
Think I will tune in again. No Brownless for obvious reasons but Frawley and Wispy Watson on there with Gaz should be a good relaxed mixed of serious and non-serious discussion.
Gary looks like he has been on Survivor for 60 odd days from pic saw today. It is either that or a Leo Sayer look he is going for.

Refreshing to see no women on the team, I have to say. These days it's getting harder and harder to exclude women from things with equal rights and whatnot, so it's nice to see that it can still be done. In fact, I can go a whole day listening to SEN and not hear a single female voice. That's a credit to how hard the football media works to keep it a female-free zone. Kudos, Sausage... I mean Sports Entertainment Network radio.

Refreshing to see no women on the team, I have to say. These days it's getting harder and harder to exclude women from things with equal rights and whatnot, so it's nice to see that it can still be done. In fact, I can go a whole day listening to SEN and not hear a single female voice. That's a credit to how hard the football media works to keep it a female-free zone. Kudos, Sausage... I mean Sports Entertainment Network radio.
Name one good female sports broadcaster?

Think I will tune in again. No Brownless for obvious reasons but Frawley and Wispy Watson on there with Gaz should be a good relaxed mixed of serious and non-serious discussion.
Gary looks like he has been on Survivor for 60 odd days from pic saw today. It is either that or a Leo Sayer look he is going for.

hahaha. its the disheveled look you go for once youve been busted doing the dirty with someones mrs

Refreshing to see no women on the team, I have to say. These days it's getting harder and harder to exclude women from things with equal rights and whatnot, so it's nice to see that it can still be done.
Explain the thing on the left then?

Eagle_Image_-_Dave_Goudie-1.JPG

I'm a listener to SEN always as sport trumps gardening, buy swap sell etc.

We are blessed in melbourne having an all day sports station.

Doesn't mean they don't make some mistakes, or even lots of them.

Why oh why the Frawley recruitment.
The only good thing about Spud Frawley (well named) is he's at least (barely) smarter than Andrew Gaze.

Survivor: Hungry Jacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meadows, Shalala, Edwards, Lane, Spillane, Underwood

Take out Kelli Underwood and put in Christi Malthouse.

Shalala, Edwards and Spillane I've not heard of but Neroli Meadows and Sam Lane are good.

Away from Football there are Johanna Griggs, Giaan Rooney and Nicole Livingstone who are good and, in the case of Livingstone, fantastic.

Internationally, Sam Smith and Tracy Austin are quality too.

Only one worse than Underwood I've ever found in all sports is Rennae Stubbs.

In 1999 Beverley O'Connor did a solid job of hosting ABC Grandstand on Saturdays when the VFL coverage was actually meritorious.

Of the snippets I watch Rugby League Yvonne Sampson is a good host while my favourite, albeit, very biased as she's an Essendon fan, is Sarah Jones.

Shalala, Edwards and Spillane I've not heard of but Neroli Meadows and Sam Lane are good.

Away from Football there are Johanna Griggs, Giaan Rooney and Nicole Livingstone who are good and, in the case of Livingstone, fantastic.

In 1999 Beverley O'Connor did a solid job of hosting ABC Grandstand on Saturdays when the VFL coverage was actually meritorious.

Of the snippets I watch Rugby League Yvonne Sampson is a good host while my favourite, albeit, very biased as she's an Essendon fan, is Sarah Jones.

Mel McLaughlin, Tara Rushton, Lucy Zelic are all both knowledgable on soccer and do a great job presenting.

Pretty sure people are just naming all the female commentators. Just because they got the gig and some may be knowledgeable enough doesn't make them good. In my opinion the only one who wasn't cringeworthy was Christi Malthouse. She had the boundary riding gig and was good at it. I can't stand Mel McLaughlin, so scripted and when she goes off script she chokes. Eye candy though.

I think you need to split some of those names into three groups. Underwood is a genuine commentator. Griggs, Lane, Malthouse are reporters / hosts a much easier job. Stubbs is a special comments commentator, even easier.

David King went for the mornings gig and didn't get a look in. He was filthy....Lyon didn't want to work with him because they don't get on at all.
Thanks god for that!
Imagine kicking off every working day with 3 hours worth of that bloke's sh*t!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back