Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm, not a great result for the station. Maybe you can say its a teething period after hutchy took over.

Im a fan of GW. But I can see that there is a real swell or undercurrent of dislike of him. Say he's rated out of 10, I reckon he's lost a few points, say 3, from his pre 2018 ranking. So big fans rate him 10/10, now a 7. Etc.

I think australians dont like PC/nanny state stuff. People should be able to do and say whatever they want, except being told what to do. Neil Mitchell always says that, said it about adam goodes (we dont like him because he tells us what to do) and it may have some truth to it. Maybe GW needs to tone it down a bit.
Going on about the Melbourne cup when he himself road the coattails of one of our greatest horses. And the cricket stuff is ridiculous

Thanks! So post-Trade period and only the back end of the Spring Racing Carnival. Unsurprising everything dropped off considering there was only really ODI cricket, NBL and A-League to discuss with the AFL Draft in the middle. First Test started on the 6th of December so only just included that, too.
That might have made a difference. He said he's got to get more males in the 30's. I really don't trust the ratings as being involved with footy and cricket clubs , a lot of people listen to SEN.

That might have made a difference. He said he's got to get more males in the 30's. I really don't trust the ratings as being involved with footy and cricket clubs , a lot of people listen to SEN.

Haha of course you don't trust the ratings as it doesn't suit your narrative.

Of course people around footy and cricket clubs listen to SEN. That is a small percentage of people overall.

To state the obvious, it's been a crap year for Heverin's ratings. Apart from his own probable 'culpability', I suppose it could be argued that McClure giving him a s**t lead-in (it's tough being up against Gerard and Derwayne, but Marko and Ox did better), following less-than-good ratings from KB and Turf have also contributed. Also, I gather there was other stuff on evenings (I didn't listen much), such as basketball, plus Heverin was away a bit. Here are all of his ratings:

3.0, 4.0, 3.6, 2.7, 2.8, 3.1, 2.6, 1.5

In case anyone thinks that Hutchy was totally justified in getting rid of Finey, based on just seeing his last ratings result, I wanna repeat that his last rating of 2.1 was an aberration. Of the 62 ratings surveys I've found, he rated under 3 on only 2 other occasions, both of which were in survey #1 (2012 and 2016). Having said that, I guess his ratings were on a slight downward trend in the second half of 2017, but his results in surveys 2 and 3 were good, and Hutchy clearly had other reasons for dumping him, like, I guess, taking the station in a different direction.

Here are all of Finey's ratings going back to survey #3 2010 (it's all I can find :p ):

2010:..............5.1, 5.1, 6.4, 5.6, 3.9, 3.8
2011: 3.1, 5.0, 6.3, 5.8, 5.1, 5.3, 4.1, 3.1
2012: 2.6, 4.0, 5.2, 5.4, 5.1, 4.3, 4.2, 4.0
2013: 3.3, 4.3, 4.9, 4.6, 3.6, 4.2, 5.2, 4.8
2014: 3.2, 3.9, 5.0, 5.0, 4.8, 5.3, 5.3, 4.8
2015: 3.7, 5.5, 5.0, 4.8, 4.8, 3.4, 3.6, 4.4
2016: 2.6, 3.8, 3.6, 4.2, 5.3, 4.5, 4.2, 4.8
2017: 3.3, 5.2, 5.1, 3.3, 3.5, 3.9, 3.5, 2.1

Last edited:

Drop off is expected. Is it worrying? Nah, dont think so.

If the ratings were good would you trust them :D

Haha of course you don't trust the ratings as it doesn't suit your narrative.

Of course people around footy and cricket clubs listen to SEN. That is a small percentage of people overall.
That's fine , we all have our own favs. I can't stand quite a few things on 1116 , but it's still better than the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To state the obvious, it's been a crap year for Heverin's ratings. Apart from his own probable 'culpability', I suppose it could be argued that McClure giving him a s**t lead-in (it's tough being up against Gerard and Derwayne, but Marko and Ox did better), following less-than-good ratings from KB and Turf have also contributed. Also, I gather there was other stuff on evenings (I didn't listen much), such as basketball, plus Heverin was away a bit. Here are all of Hervin's ratings:

3.0, 4.0, 3.6, 2.7, 2.8, 3.1, 2.6, 1.5

In case anyone thinks that Hutchy was totally justified in getting rid of Finey, based on just seeing his last ratings result, I wanna repeat that his last rating of 2.1 was an aberration. Of the 62 ratings surveys I've found, he rated under 3 on only 2 other occasions, both of which were in survey #1 (2012 and 2016). Having said that, I guess his ratings were on a slight downward trend in the second half of 2017, but his results in surveys 2 and 3 were good, and Hutchy clearly had other reasons for dumping him, like, I guess, taking the station in a different direction.

Here are all of Finey's ratings going back to survey #3 2010 (it's all I can find ):

2010:..............5.1, 5.1, 6.4, 5.6, 3.9, 3.8
2011: 3.1, 5.0, 6.3, 5.8, 5.1, 5.3, 4.1, 3.1
2012: 2.6, 4.0, 5.2, 5.4, 5.1, 4.3, 4.2, 4.0
2013: 3.3, 4.3, 4.9, 4.6, 3.6, 4.2, 5.2, 4.8
2014: 3.2, 3.9, 5.0, 5.0, 4.8, 5.3, 5.3, 4.8
2015: 3.7, 5.5, 5.0, 4.8, 4.8, 3.4, 3.6, 4.4
2016: 2.6, 3.8, 3.6, 4.2, 5.3, 4.5, 4.2, 4.8
2017: 3.3, 5.2, 5.1, 3.3, 3.5, 3.9, 3.5, 2.1
T
Thanks for that , the decision to get rid of Fine was an absolute blunder. For all Hutchy's good work is let down by his love for other Journo's. Not many people trust the Slobo's , Ralphs , Barretts and McLure's.

To state the obvious, it's been a crap year for Heverin's ratings.
I have the radio on at nights and it wasn't a great year for evenings. never settled into a rhythm due to lack of consistency in the host's chair, dull segments, a pointless short quiz and re-runs in the last hour a lot. summer will be fun with the big bash though so there's a lot of hope for SEN, but i was finding myself switching over to 1278 for the 8pm quiz and staying there a lot towards the end of october/november.

I have the radio on at nights and it wasn't a great year for evenings. never settled into a rhythm due to lack of consistency in the host's chair, dull segments, a pointless short quiz and re-runs in the last hour a lot. summer will be fun with the big bash though so there's a lot of hope for SEN, but i was finding myself switching over to 1278 for the 8pm quiz and staying there a lot towards the end of october/november.

I am also mainly an evening listener. Hutchy has got to fix up evenings. Bring back, Finey, Milney, Zanners etc. , give McLure the arse. I can put up with KB and the Doc.

Hardly think Whateley is a 'PC' guy - He likes to deeply analyse events and offers strong opinions when necessary - Thought his last 2 months were his strongest performance for 2019.

Hardly think Whateley is a 'PC' guy - He likes to deeply analyse events and offers strong opinions when necessary - Thought his last 2 months were his strongest performance for 2019.

It's his job to have strong opinions to wind up the listeners.

I don't agree with all his opinions. For instance, the other day he was banging on about the Matildas and the Boomers being the most popular national teams. What planet does he live on? No matter what happens, the cricket test team and the Socceroos are the important national teams and maybe the wallabies.

But overall Gerard does a good job.

I don't agree with all his opinions. For instance, the other day he was banging on about the Matildas and the Boomers being the most popular national teams. What planet does he live on? No matter what happens, the cricket test team and the Socceroos are the important national teams and maybe the wallabies.

Important is different to popular though.
I think the matildas are important to the young girls out there. They’re winning and have Sam Kerr as a positive role model. Popular? Yes.

Boomers will gain traction as the World Cup approaches.

The cricket team....he’s probably referring to the fallout from sand paper. The crowds haven’t flocked but I’m sure come Boxing Day it’ll be right up there especially after the win yesterday!

No one gives a stuff about the Wallabies. Always been the cricket team and under this leadership the crowds will flock back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back