Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket team and the Socceroos are the most popular national teams, probably by a fair way.

fair call. I mean the national teams are (mens and womens):

cricket
football
hockey
rugby
rugby league
netball
basketball
rugby 7s

rugby definitely has a following in victoria.

Cricket team and the Socceroos are the most popular national teams, probably by a fair way.

Yes.

The only national team which can guarantee an audience in the middle of a winters night (when playing on the other side of the world) are the Socceroos.

Close second, test cricket team.

20 years ago, the wallabies.

Yes.

The only national team which can guarantee an audience in the middle of a winters night (when playing on the other side of the world) are the Socceroos.

Close second, test cricket team.

20 years ago, the wallabies.

When the world cup is on, the Qantas Wallabies are eyeballed a lot.

True about the bolded bit. Which is the whole post lol. Both sports have a presence in all states and have a national team. Other football codes dont have the attention of all states.

I am also mainly an evening listener. Hutchy has got to fix up evenings. Bring back, Finey, Milney, Zanners etc. , give McLure the arse. I can put up with KB and the Doc.
finey stuffed his radio career by being a pompous rude a/hole. he tried to fix it late on but it was too late. and that heap of s**t known as initially yours was kindergarten stuff.

i reckon fat hutchy has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. i am no fan of robbo's writing but on the radio he was worth a listen. leach was way better than maher. nims and heverin are liabilities as hosts, although heverin is a good caller. roco is a loss. as is granlan. as is hillier. and lyon is an oxygen thief.

finey stuffed his radio career by being a pompous rude a/hole. he tried to fix it late on but it was too late. and that heap of s**t known as initially yours was kindergarten stuff.

i reckon fat hutchy has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. i am no fan of robbo's writing but on the radio he was worth a listen. leach was way better than maher. nims and heverin are liabilities as hosts, although heverin is a good caller. roco is a loss. as is granlan. as is hillier. and lyon is an oxygen thief.

Im not sure you are 100% certain with your views. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne Russell leaving 3AW and going to SEN SA.

This time 15 years ago Dwayne was temp filling in for Gerard Healy ( as he was training for the Sydney to Hobart eventually winning it in 2003)with David Hookes.
Hooksey talked to Gerard on the show about what it was like to win the Syd to Hobart race.

Little did anyone know that just on a month later Hookesy would be dead.

Dwayne went from summer temp fill in to permant co host.

Good luck to Dwayne has done alright in his time at aw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back