Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

timtamWB

Resident Biscuit
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
i am no fan of the bighead, but to be fair, those who have played at the highest level are probably better versed to make worthwhile comments.
Not necessarily. You've never ran into someone at your local level that's leagues above everyone else, but when you ask him they say "I just hit the ball with the bat."

Just because you were/are good, or even one of the best, at a sport, doesn't mean that you can make worthwhile comments. It helps, but being able to explain or give insights is a different skill entirely to playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Pickering is one of those soft **** cricket players who took the easy option of more opportunity in footy.

Surely they're not replaying the Grand Final again? Gord! Where are the fill-ins? I suppose it doesn't matter, because most of them have been ordinary. I guess the "talent" are busy doing the cricket?
Hutchy got rig of the losers like Peaky. A surprise was Tim Gossage doing mornings from WA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Moderator #6,543
Their social media has become a recycled news service. Sharing stories from 2 weeks ago all the time

Like this

I’d say they are more under pressure than those coaches

I think many share your viewpoint. But that's not entirely their fault. Because everything is NOW NOW NOW, they have to put something up as others/competitors are doing the same. So put something up, or get left behind.

Having said that, they could post something about a current day event.

Ilksy

Super Mod_
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory, Pats, Celtics, Ricciardo
he’s so dislikable. In life some people are more likeable some are dislikable. He’s just at the high dislikable scale.
Listen to the Sounding Board podcast. Damo comes off as a flog, but Hutchy seems like a ripper bloke in real life. Clearly has played a “role” in the media. Be great to have a beer with I reckon.

Saintly Viewed

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Listen to the Sounding Board podcast. Damo comes off as a flog, but Hutchy seems like a ripper bloke in real life. Clearly has played a “role” in the media. Be great to have a beer with I reckon.
Enjoy the beer.
He’s all yours. I couldn’t risk it.

The valid point, and a fair point by you, is in real life sometimes people are very different to their persona.

Not Important

All Australian
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoy the beer.
He’s all yours. I couldn’t risk it.

The valid point, and a fair point by you, is in real life sometimes people are very different to their persona.
the fat man rarely has a beer.

there is no doubting his success in media manipulation and monetising it. he has come a long way since being bartlett's producer and having to doss in his house due to having no money or accommodation. or friends.

the stand-ins over this period are atrocious. why he diced pros like hillier and granlan lord only knows, he is shithouse at talent spotting.

LordLucifer

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Whilst in Melbourne over the Xmas period, I listened to SEN quite a bit and was extremely underwhelmed. No matter who the presenter was, the programs were forced & lacking in content. I get that some of them may have been from the B-Team who do the fill-ins in non-ratings but gee, they were way too full of their own importance.

The only show that was listenable and actually gave me a giggle was the final show of 'Off The Bench' when they gave out their 'Self Congratulatory & Third Person' award.

Peter Donegan's 'This Is Your Sporting Life' is pretty good but they kept repeating them overnight, I heard the same ones multiple times. The Part 2 hour of Malcolm Blight's story had a cock-up which repeated the second part of the show and omitted the third part.

And don't start me on the live broadcasts of US sports, its woeful.

The Thug

All Australian
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whilst in Melbourne over the Xmas period, I listened to SEN quite a bit and was extremely underwhelmed. No matter who the presenter was, the programs were forced & lacking in content.
SEN is poor radio at the moment.
As they say in the radio business, unless you can grab the listeners' attention in the first few minutes, they will switch stations, and I am certain many are doing just that at the moment.

Top Bottom