Radio 1116 SEN 2019 Lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC,PMFC.
That was a newbie mistake by the sausage. He shouldn't acknowledge the negative texts or admit they are getting under his skin. The trolls score that up as a win.
Yep I sent him a couple after that, telling him to pull his head in as he's on a Vic station. He is now in the Spud class.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Dear younger Bob,
The year is 2019 - you are now 3 years post the biggest year of your career, where the football world empathised with your knee injury and inability to play in the drought breaking premiership win nobody saw coming. Opinion was a little more divided on you getting called up on stage, but mostly positive.
You will craft for yourself a livelihood in the media with alternative music taste and eclectic films, and 97% fluffy football insights.
In 2019, unless you change things up a bit and get off the hipster train everything associated with it, you will go from having a segment called Bobservations, to in the eyes of many Bobsolete.
Remind yourself to evolve in 2019 Bob, lest you become like Richo and BT.
Best,
Bob
Dear younger Bob,
Make up an excuse to miss 2016 rd3 against the Hawks.
Bob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Moderator #6,612
I know a few here won't like it, but this is the biggest sporting event that Australia holds each year and it makes sense that SEN cover it.
Spot on. 4 majors in the world and we have one of them. If SEN did not cover it, may as well pack it in.

Pepsi, you're a tennis fan right? Is the Oz Open the players fave tournament? Every summer we hear from our own commentators etc say it is.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Spot on. 4 majors in the world and we have one of them. If SEN did not cover it, may as well pack it in.

Pepsi, you're a tennis fan right? Is the Oz Open the players fave tournament? Every summer we hear from our own commentators etc say it is.
Favourite tournament would be different for most of the players. The players are surveyed each year as to which tournaments have the best facilities, staffing, volunteers, fans, etc. The Australian Open has been rated near or at the top for most of those categories the past few years.

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Moderator #6,615
Favourite tournament would be different for most of the players. The players are surveyed each year as to which tournaments have the best facilities, staffing, volunteers, fans, etc. The Australian Open has been rated near or at the top for most of those categories the past few years.
Yeah i find it cringeworthy that our media tell us the players think ours is their favourite every year. But it probably happens at every slam.

Anyway, good thing is in terms of all of those criteria, we're in the top 4!

bedford

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC,PMFC.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
They're spending that money now. So it's relevant even now. I bet you just assumed the place was built for the 88 Aus Open, it's been like that since, and they get a few local builders for maintenance?

Halo effect.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
They're spending that money now. So it's relevant even now. I bet you just assumed the place was built for the 88 Aus Open, it's been like that since, and they get a few local builders for maintenance?

Halo effect.
No doubt the government pumps in millions to help run the Aus Open. It also runs for 19 days (including qualifying). I guess one thing that separates it from Albert park is that the facilities are mostly permanent and used throughout the year for concerts, events, sporting matches, shows, etc.

Top Bottom