Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are the rights holder for the BBL, I would assume you’d cover a game from start to finish.

Imagine my surprise, when SEN (plus Macquarie) decided to pull the plug this morning with Sydney Thunder needing 7 runs from the final over in favour of 5 minutes of commercials and straight into normal programming at 1am.

Macquarie did the same with commercials, then the news, then Talksport.

After flicking around the dial for 20 minutes trying to find out the result, I eventually gave up.

The match may have been running behind time, but having covered the first 39 overs, I think it’s vital to cover the most important over.

If you are the rights holder for the BBL, I would assume you’d cover a game from start to finish. Imagine my surprise, when SEN (plus Macquarie) decided to pull the plug this morning with Sydney Thunder needing 7 runs from the final over in favour of 5 minutes of commercials and straight into normal programming at 1am.

Ha ha. I didn't know that. I wondered what happened. I just assumed I missed the end of the game. :p I was watering the garden, as ya do at 1am :p. I got distracted by something and turned the sound down on the radio for a minute when an ad was on, and when I turned it back up, I thought, "oh, it's finished; that was quick. They must've got the last runs immediately".

If you are the rights holder for the BBL, I would assume you’d cover a game from start to finish.

Imagine my surprise, when SEN (plus Macquarie) decided to pull the plug this morning with Sydney Thunder needing 7 runs from the final over in favour of 5 minutes of commercials and straight into normal programming at 1am.

After flicking around the dial for 20 minutes trying to find out the result, I eventually gave up.

The match may have been running behind time, but having covered the first 39 overs, I think it’s vital to cover the most important over.

At least you got to listen to Papa Shnitz and his dream of crumbs.
Brought to you by Red Energy saving Melbourne from something or other.
And celebrate life with Tobin Brothers when you’re dead.

Ha ha. I didn't know that. I wondered what happened. I just assumed I missed the end of the game. :p I was watering the garden, as ya do at 1am :p. I got distracted by something and turned the sound down on the radio for a minute when an ad was on, and when I turned it back up, I thought, "oh, it's finished; that was quick. They must've got the last runs immediately".
Watering the garden is quite enjoyable I find.
This post Brought to you by....

He was pretty much universally liked on here before he went full-time. Repetition breeds contempt, as they say
s'pose. he'd be down my list of unlikeables. starting with maher and lyon.

looks like he is not returning to his saturday spot. pick-a-ring and the fat man. ugh!

That advertisement break would have been pre-programmed to occur at that time, but it’s sloppy for whomever was in the studio not to pick it up and revert back to the cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught a little bit the other day of Maher hosting breakfast with Watson the other day.

Dare I say, they were actually both OK listening. Granted it’s a low bar, but Maher works better with a competent co-host. Seems to stop him just rambling out loud quite as much.

Caught a little bit the other day of Maher hosting breakfast with Watson the other day.

Dare I say, they were actually both OK listening. Granted it’s a low bar, but Maher works better with a competent co-host. Seems to stop him just rambling out loud quite as much.
Morning is better for him, it’s a tighter schedule.

But wow he can ask a long question.

Gerard received some praise even from the yanks on his Super Bowl call last year.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/29/18202553/gerard-whateley-australian-broadcaster-super-bowl
Terrific article.

Whateley as a caller/jounro/host/researcher combo is streets ahead of the rest!

Contrast with lyon and watson. Although they were funny this morning in that an SEN female journo asked an american caller/commentator/colour commentator if colour commentators in general talk too much. lol

then watson and lyon asked each other if anyone in footy suffers from that. both did not provide names

Does anyone know why the Perth BBL games have stopped being covered by the local radio guys over there? I reckon Karl Langdon did the first few games, but now it's usually Tom Morris and Pickers calling it off the telly in Melbourne
guessing they're trying to cut some production values/$$$ seeing BBL isn't quite as good this year and probably didn't pick up the sponsorship dollars they highballed in a pre-production haze before the actual season kicked in.

i think I’m still a chance to win big in Maccas monopoly that SEN keep flogging during their BBL coverage. Is it important to my chances of winning that they disclaim in the ad that the competition ends on Oct 18 2018?

Terrific article.

Whateley as a caller/jounro/host/researcher combo is streets ahead of the rest!

Contrast with lyon and watson. Although they were funny this morning in that an SEN female journo asked an american caller/commentator/colour commentator if colour commentators in general talk too much. lol

then watson and lyon asked each other if anyone in footy suffers from that. both did not provide names

Are you talking about SEN?

Because I'm not sure he's quite on McAveney's level yet, he's literally commentated on pretty much every major sport in every major sporting occassion.

Swimming, Running, Football, Horse Racing etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back