raymond35

All Australian
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Sort of sums him up.
He could be liked.
Knows his subject (football anyway) has passion.

But but but.

Unfortunately, He’s blessed with that self absorbed need to spout non sport belief systems (eg politics) and parade his views as if they are the only views on earth.
Hey, if he likes politics, go on political programs, wave your virtue there.
OR stick to sport!
I don’t want to hear that one dimensional diatribe and dummy spits when it’s not sport.

Sports program, sports please.
Yep, sums him up well. His extreme leftist political views spoil the good work he can do. And if you point this out to him he doesn't react well.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought Roco's biggest failing was going on a music tangent ! Though loved him and Hillier doing their sporting shows with a high musical content.
The music part, he ruins, because he is insistent on shoving his music opinion on his listeners, as if only he can judge music.

Yes Rohan, we know you love Rage Against the Machine.
But it’s ok, if others don’t.

I suspect he’s a very low self esteem guy, very frightened that his wizard is seen behind the curtain.
(Wizard Of Oz reference.)

__Nantes__

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't really mind Rohan talking about the music he enjoys. As for politics, I'd hardly call them left or "extreme left" opinions, and it's good to discuss these things as we get to know the presenter and familiarise ourselves with them. But, I don't know, I'm more used to him when he filled in for Finey's show and I just think that Finey did a far better job.

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Sort of sums him up.
He could be liked.
Knows his subject (football anyway) has passion.

But but but.

Unfortunately, He’s blessed with that self absorbed need to spout non sport belief systems (eg politics) and parade his views as if they are the only views on earth.
Hey, if he likes politics, go on political programs, wave your virtue there.
OR stick to sport!
I don’t want to hear that one dimensional diatribe and dummy spits when it’s not sport.

Sports program, sports please.
Great summary really. His work is genuinely good but geez he gets annoying with the politics spam. I actually enjoy footyology during the season, at least he and Finey have a no bullshit approach to the games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
It hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm sorry to do so because it'll mean the advertising works. But do you know what's weird? The Tobin Brothers ads with Rex Hunt and the race caller whose name escapes me.

"Memory's kicked his 100th goal!!"

"I should told you wins the Cup!!" or some crap like that.

I find it bizarre.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bryan Martin , who now is a funeral celebrant and is good at it.
A capable race caller.
Knows his stuff.

I always found him somewhat dull even at times boring however.
So not in the best callers group but better than a Terry Bailey.

Matt Hill different league, he’s in the best category. Like Greg Miles and Bill Collins.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maher does improve many a person when he’s one of two on.

(NB: this rule does not apply to Danny Frawley, Andrew Gaze.)
Its contrast. Maher is so bad he makes just about anyone look good. He makes Mick Malloy look like a comedy god on the tv when anyone following Micky knows he is a broken down hanger on living on past glories. (Gaze and Frawley excepted - no helping them)

Top Bottom